PDA

View Full Version : The trim!

MonaLisa
May 9th, 2011, 02:33 AM
I've done my first ever self trim, on 7th of May, new moon in cancer hehe! :scissors:

I have awful lot of layers, and long bangs...and therefore unfortunately I couldn't use the Feye's trim method...

I let down layer by layer and carefully cut the same ammount (1 inch) everywhere. Once I'm done with a certain layer I'd tie it up to not mess with it again, and put down the next one. Think I've got them all...And as i moved up, i removed a bit less from top layers, as eventually I wanna have layers, but not that many..

At the very end, I followed Feye's instructions to even it all up ( U-V line), and there was very little need for it!
I'm really happy with the result! :cloud9:
And I'm surprised it was much easier than I expected, and was very relaxed, and enjoyed it.

SpeakingEZ
May 9th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Good job! Your first successful trim is very exalting!! (Well, if it comes out nice, lol.)

To make it easier next time, I think there are instructions somewhere around here on how to trim layers. . . . I'm not sure how much help it will be if you want to trim the bulk of the layers out, but it's worth a look!

Post pictures soon!

Kathie
May 9th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Any pics?
I’ve tried Feyes method too and really liked it. I think it will get easier for me as my hair gets longer and my hem line thins out. Having a thick hemline has meant I’ve had to be really careful about getting it even. It still worked though.

MonaLisa
May 9th, 2011, 02:43 AM
I will make some pictures and post them today or tomorrow! :o
I really was worrying about this, but once I actually started it got so much easier!:)