PDA

View Full Version : Thickness variables?

xcrunr2go
May 9th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Is it possible for the thickness of your hair to change? I notice now that I've incorporated CO & CWC & WO my hair is healthier, happier & thicker? Or is this just because now that I'm meticulously attending to each & every strand on a daily basis each strand of hair has more individual volume which in turn creates a thicker mane? hhhmmm....thoughts?
:Star::Star::Star::Star::Star::Star::Star::Star:
Also: Does pregnancy cause hair growth or hair to be thicker? I think it might have something to do with turning all the hair into the growing phase for those 9 months? Anybody know the science to this?:confused:

Anje
May 9th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I've seen a number of people on this site get thicker hair with better care. Often it's just that they've switched to a technique that makes them shed less.

Pregnancy makes hair grow fast and come in thick for many, many women. Probably most, though I can't speak to any of that from personal experience. :) We've joked on this site that the hair is "borrowed" though -- it tends to shed out again after pregnancy ends.

jojo
May 9th, 2011, 08:35 AM
My hair has got 1" thicker since joining. It probably was that thick before but I straightened daily and it squashes the hair flatter.

growingpains
May 9th, 2011, 08:40 AM
It's possible to lose hair from bad diet. So, it may be possible to gain hair from a better diet, especially if one lost hair for this reason.