PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying?

gthlvrmx
May 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM
So far, my hair has gotten much better! My new conditioner does the trick and gives me awesome hair! Garnier Triple Nutrition, good stuff.
But still, my ends sometimes don't always feel super soft and with enough slip. Even with slight oiling, two days later it'll feel rougher actually. Not a whole bunch as before, since i let go of protein stuff and am moisturizing more, but it's still there. I think i might have build up and might wanna try to clarify once. Do you think this will help? Or will it just hurt my hair a bit?
Could i use a different brand clarifying shampoo and still use my conditioner afterwards?
Mahalo, thank you! :)

krissykins
May 8th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Clarifying definitely sounds like a good idea :flower: I think your regular brand of clarifying shampoo is fine, but you could also try Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo. That's one that's highly recommended.

You can use your regular conditioner, but you'll want to moisturize a lot because you're stripping your hair clean, so I suggest using a heavier conditioner or conditioning twice afterwards. :) HTH!

gthlvrmx
May 8th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Clarifying definitely sounds like a good idea :flower: I think your regular brand of clarifying shampoo is fine, but you could also try Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo. That's one that's highly recommended.

You can use your regular conditioner, but you'll want to moisturize a lot because you're stripping your hair clean, so I suggest using a heavier conditioner or conditioning twice afterwards. :) HTH!

Thank you :) I will go and buy that :) I think i will just use my conditioner twice, i usually dump a load on my hair anyways and it works well. I haven't had much success with other conditioners and i don't want to go over that mess again :p

monsterna
May 8th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Often times I will clarify when this occurs, yes. And also an AVC rinse after, followed by a coney conditioner that I leave on for at least five minutes before rinsing. Good luck! :)

Roscata
May 9th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I agree with everyone else clarifying is a great idea. If you use a coney conditioner the cones will build up and you can get rid of that build-up by clarifying. ACV has some clarifying properties so if you use that on a regular you might not even need to do anything else, depending on your hair, water and what you want to do. Good luck! :D

jojo
May 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I find oiling my ends daily really helps too

vaughner
May 9th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Yes, that happens with me too. I usually only clarify only about once a month though. It's too stripping for my hair.

gthlvrmx
May 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Yes, i used a coney conditioner a few times and dumped a ton of it, made my hair hard. That was before i used the conless conditioner i bought, now it feels better but not quiet there.
I had also used many hair treatments (mainly all protein) to help my brittle hair, but i think it's an overload now. Thanks everyone! :D

krissykins
May 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM
With the protein treatments, make sure to space them out to prevent protein overload. I try to do them twice a month and that keeps my hair happy! :)

Firefox7275
May 10th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Triple Nutrition is quite high in (palm) oil so I just use it as a leave-in not a wash off, maybe try that with your ends? May go sticky as it dried, but will not be once fully dry.

jojo
May 10th, 2011, 04:33 AM
A little bit of conditioner on the ends, have you tried this?

gthlvrmx
May 10th, 2011, 10:26 PM
A little bit of conditioner on the ends, have you tried this?
I have, i've been using A LOT of conditioner because my hair loves it so much (i even use a little as leave in), but even then, as good as the rest of my hair is, there is this slight CRUNCH on the ends that bothers me because they feel so much better from the S&D i did. There are no splits on some strands and it's nice and smooth, but it just feels hard? Now like straw dry, just a little too strong for my taste. I do think it's protein overload from before, I'm hoping the clarifying will help and then do some moisturizing.

gthlvrmx
May 10th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Triple Nutrition is quite high in (palm) oil so I just use it as a leave-in not a wash off, maybe try that with your ends? May go sticky as it dried, but will not be once fully dry.

Oh i loved it so much, i used it as a leave-in and i'm going to keep doing that. It's good stuff :) Yes, slightly sticky, but it works and gets the job done :)

I actually put some on right now with a little bit of grapeseed oil and EVOO on top, just slightly. I will clarify saturday and come back with the news. :D
Thanks everyone! :)

Debra83
May 10th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Good Luck!!! Hope it helps!

gthlvrmx
May 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I did it!!!!
Results: :D:D:D:cheese: Cheese party everyone!
I could not find the Anti-Residue at WalMart and i had to get out quick, so i grabbed a Suave Clarifying bottle and remembered my classic lengthed hair friend said she had 4 bottles she uses cuz that's her "secret" :p and grabbed a big bottle of my conditioner.
Dude. When that clarifyer touched my hair and rubbed it in, it felt so much softer and easier to manage :) I felt like it was squeeky clean. I applied TONS of conditioner and it felt so much better like how so many people describe it to feel when they apply conditioner :p Before it felt like it was getting "gunkier", kinda like this heavy feeling through my hair. Now, my ends are happy and moist!! My hair actually feels MOISTURIZED! It's soft, moist, less frizzy, and bouncier. Thank you guys so much!!!
And just to let you know-I shed way less this time :poot: Made no sense to me, i just oiled my ends with grapeseed and EVOO in the middle of the week. But good thing, these big shedings were bothering me

krissykins
May 14th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I did it!!!!
Results: :D:D:D:cheese: Cheese party everyone!
I could not find the Anti-Residue at WalMart and i had to get out quick, so i grabbed a Suave Clarifying bottle and remembered my classic lengthed hair friend said she had 4 bottles she uses cuz that's her "secret" :p and grabbed a big bottle of my conditioner.
Dude. When that clarifyer touched my hair and rubbed it in, it felt so much softer and easier to manage :) I felt like it was squeeky clean. I applied TONS of conditioner and it felt so much better like how so many people describe it to feel when they apply conditioner :p Before it felt like it was getting "gunkier", kinda like this heavy feeling through my hair. Now, my ends are happy and moist!! My hair actually feels MOISTURIZED! It's soft, moist, less frizzy, and bouncier. Thank you guys so much!!!
And just to let you know-I shed way less this time :poot: Made no sense to me, i just oiled my ends with grapeseed and EVOO in the middle of the week. But good thing, these big shedings were bothering me

Woo hoo! :cheese: I'm glad we figured out what was wrong :)

gthlvrmx
May 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I know seriously krissy :) It was really scaring me i mightve been hitting a stall due to the breakage from the stiffy crunchy ends so far :p All should be well now.