PDA

View Full Version : Hair story

Ozzie
May 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
This is the story of my hair:

When I was younger my hair was thick and problemfree. Blonde with natural platinum highlights. Then, six years ago, I decided to colour it light brown. Worst decision ever! I remember my mom telling me not to do it, that it would destroy my nice hair. The color was nice and everything but I decided to become a blonde again and it took three bleaches to do it and of course it destroyed my hair completely. And even worse, I didn't learn from this mistake. When my hair grew out it was darker than before so I bleached it again... It became dry and looked awful. I had to cut loads off and that helped a little. I decided not to do anything more to my hair and now it's finally getting better.

I also have a problem with my hair being greasy just 2 days after washing and I have tried many different methods. I tried the baking soda/ACV rinse but it made my hair dry. I tried water only but it made my hair grey and waxy. Now I'm using Aubrey Organics schampoo and conditioner and I'm very happy with it. I also use a BBB brush, only once a week because my hair is still dry and brittle. I oil my hair with olive oil and "dust" it once a month. I also do some search and destroying. This seems to be working for now and my hair is looking better every day! Although I have a new problem that I never had before; dandruff. Don't know what's causing it.. Anyways, I have learned so much from this community! And I know everyone here just loves to talk about their hair so I want you to tell the story of your hair!

Have a great day everyone :blossom:

Ishje
May 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM
apple cider rinses are great against dandruff :)
how nice that you learned so much here!

FluffSpider
May 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Well, congratulations! you seem like you're on the good track, and your hair will get back in shape soon enough. Perhaps try investing in some dry shampoo? If you're still sad about your natural colour, you can try honey lightening, or a toner-your hair looks pretty light to me.

salls
May 8th, 2011, 03:41 AM
apple cider rinses are great against dandruff :)
how nice that you learned so much here!

I second this it has really helped me.