PDA

View Full Version : "Your hair smells nice"

julliams
May 7th, 2011, 08:06 AM
That's what my 9 year old son said to me after he gave me a kiss on the cheek and wished me a "Happy Mother's Day". Made my day! That's about all I need to make it a real happy mother's day.

Bene
May 7th, 2011, 08:07 AM
When is Mother's Day?

MaryLA
May 7th, 2011, 08:11 AM
What a nice thing to say! Mother's Day is tomorrow.

julliams
May 7th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Well, I'm in Australia and I'm not going to win "Mother of the Year" because we allowed our two children (12 and 9) to stay up until midnight tonight (as a one off - this is NOT a common occurance) as we were watching a family movie together. It's Saturday night so we decided it would be ok just this once.

Once it "struck" midnight, the kids realised it was officially "Mother's Day" so they came to wish me a happy day before tucking off to bed. Very sweet. We are all sleeping in until 9:30am tomorrow morning - I promise!!!

spitfire511
May 7th, 2011, 08:21 AM
julliams what a great kiddo to be so sweet to his mum. :)

racrane
May 7th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Aw, that's so sweet. It made me smile.

vanity_acefake
May 7th, 2011, 10:36 AM
That is so lovely.
Happy mothers day.
In Scotland we celebrated mothers day ages ago!

Phexlyn
May 7th, 2011, 10:46 AM
That's really sweet! :)
Do you use a special leave-in for a nice smell or are you just lucky with how your hair smells?

Ishje
May 7th, 2011, 12:37 PM
that is so sweet ^^

Amraann
May 7th, 2011, 01:07 PM
That's what my 9 year old son said to me after he gave me a kiss on the cheek and wished me a "Happy Mother's Day". Made my day! That's about all I need to make it a real happy mother's day.

Awww That is so sweet!!!

And there is nothing wrong with letting them stay up late to watch a family movie!
It certainly does not make you a bad mother!

Pumpkin
May 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
That was so sweet...you are blessed!! :)

alwayssmiling
May 7th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Mothers day is a different date in Australia. I learn something new. What a nice compliment. I love kids for their honesty.

julliams
May 7th, 2011, 10:08 PM
That's really sweet! :)
Do you use a special leave-in for a nice smell or are you just lucky with how your hair smells?

Actually I used the cheapest shampoo and conditioner combo I own called Nature's Organics - a supermarket brand thats no SLS etc etc but is loaded with silicones and followed with a coney argan oil that I have. I also blowdried my hair for the first time in about 3 years and I really liked the results. I was just over my curls for some reason. I'll get back to them later.

Mesmerise
May 7th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Oh well, my kids were up until midnight last night too, watching Pirates of the Caribbean. I had no idea it went for THREE hours on the TV!

By that time they were tired out and I think they forgot it was Mothers' Day, so I didn't get any Mothers' Day cuddles until this morning!

julliams
May 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Yes, yes yes that's what we were watching. Forgot my oldest has Naplan next week - doh!!! Today she was in the foulest mood and is currently napping in her room. Hoping she emerges as her normal self for tonight as we are going out for dinner with the rest of the family. Hope you are having a great day too!

angelshair
May 8th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Ha ha, that's so sweet. :D And with kids, you know it's 100 % honest too..

Mesmerise
May 8th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Yes, yes yes that's what we were watching. Forgot my oldest has Naplan next week - doh!!! Today she was in the foulest mood and is currently napping in her room. Hoping she emerges as her normal self for tonight as we are going out for dinner with the rest of the family. Hope you are having a great day too!

Oooh yeah, I have two kids doing Naplan next week! I'll make sure they get an early night tonight ;) Hope you enjoy your dinner!

arc691
May 8th, 2011, 03:22 AM
How sweet! Happy Mother's Day, ladies!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/My%20Smilies/MagikMoonmystTAGLTZtufsfb.gif

julliams
May 8th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Why, thank you! How gorgeous is that! Had a great dinner, thanks. The day is coming to a close and I'm settled on the lounge with my laptop and a cuppa knowing I have a day off tomorrow - couldn't be happier!