PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your hair inside a sleep cap?

Fairlight63
May 7th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I am having trouble with my hair pulling the sleep cap over to the side. I usually just twist up my hair & put the sleep cap on.
Do you put your hair in a bun on top of your head or braid first or what do you do with your hair before putting on the sleep cap?

Panth
May 7th, 2011, 09:10 AM
My homemade contraption is more like a stocking/long tube. Usually, I just leave my hair loose. Sometimes it's english/french plaited. I also sometimes leave it loose/plaited and then do a low beebutt bun on the whole lot after the sleep cap is on - on loose hair this puts nice curls into the bottom 6" or so.

darklion
May 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I like it free inside my sleep cap. Now that means that it shifts around, but I don't care. I've tried it braided, which worked ok, and I've tried a bun, which the sleep cap just slid off my head.

jaine
May 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I brush my hair to get it smooth and tangle-free then I put my sleep bonnet on my head (with my hair hanging out the nape). Then both hands are free so I can wrap the nape hair around a finger and tuck that roll into the nape area of my sleep bonnet. Then I shake my head a little so my hair is more evenly distributed in there ... since the roll isn't secured with anything it loosens itself and fills the back area of my sleep bonnet.

krissykins
May 7th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I let it go free as well. To get my hair in there, I twist it and hold the twist on top of my head and pull the sleep cap over that. Usually I have to have the hair holding the twist to assist the other hand with the sleep cap before letting go of the twist. It's kinda tricky but it holds well.

dulce
May 7th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I do what Jaine does,it works well for me.

Unnamed
May 7th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I bun (usually at the nape--seems to work best for me), secure, then cover (with half-slip with knot in it).