PDA

View Full Version : An Amusing Story about Chi Silk Infusion

HeatherJenae
May 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
My mom called me yesterday and said, "That stuff in the grey bottle with the red cap, what's that for?". I told her it's a heat protectant and a smoothing agent. She said, "Ah, well Tim thought it was shampoo...".

So my stepdad loves to root around in my mom's closet to try out all of her expensive products that she hides. He was getting ready to take a shower and apparently wasn't satisfied with the nine billion choices on the side of the bathtub (she gets all of the shampoo and conditioner I don't like). He got into the closet and pulled out the Chi Silk Infusion thinking it was shampoo. He used a third of the bottle on his head. He attempted to rinse it out and realized he was in a sticky situation. So he washed and conditioned about five times with no success. My mom said he got out of the shower and looked like he had a grease helmet on. It stained their pillowcases, his shirts got all oily. That will be the last time he goes closet raiding I'm thinking... :D

TheBluffs
May 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM
:misskim:
:D Sometimes, the only way people will learn is through ridicule.
He is going to have an especially hard time if he has to go somewhere important :lol:

summerjade
May 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM
That is so funny. Thanks for the laugh!!

boudica
May 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM
What is Chi Silk Infusion and how are you *supposed* to use it?

Thanks for the laugh! I really needed it.

DTsgirl
May 6th, 2011, 08:20 PM
It's a heat protectant and shine serum. High sillicone content. Very nice product from what I have been told, but you only need a few drops, even on very long hair.

Lianna
May 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the laugh! I really needed it.

Ditto for me! Thanks. :)

HeatherJenae
May 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
You're welcome ladies! I seem to only post embarassing/ridiculous stories about me and my family. It's always good to laugh at our mistakes. :) The thing that really got me was that Silk Infusion is so expensive! It's like 15 dollars for a tiny bottle. That man needs to stay away from the product.

pixi_stix
May 6th, 2011, 08:41 PM
That's one expensive closet raid

kd did
May 6th, 2011, 09:39 PM
LOL-thanks for sharing!

ericthegreat
May 6th, 2011, 10:07 PM
LOL, well that will certainly teach him NOT to hog his step-daughter's hair products!:rollin: :bigtongue:

You would think that he would at least read the label and the instructions on the bottle so he would know what he was using on his hair. Isn't that just common sense?

racrane
May 6th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Oh, this made me giggle! Thank you!

HeatherJenae
May 6th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Eric, this is the same man that thought it would be a good idea to shave his eyebrows completely off when they got bushy. His product/hair knowledge is negative zero. You should have seen my mom when she saw that bald forehead! He is the greatest stepdad ever, but a hair maven he is not. :)

Arcadia
May 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Hilarious! :laugh:
I'll never understand why people don't read the instructions.
Just be glad it was 'only' a shine serum.

Debra83
May 6th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Good Grief!!!! That COULD have been some sort of a hair REMOVAL product!!!! Hope he learned the lesson!!!

NouvelleNymphe2
May 6th, 2011, 11:39 PM
LOL, thanks for posting! I agree, expensive little blunder sheesh.

ericthegreat
May 7th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Eric, this is the same man that thought it would be a good idea to shave his eyebrows completely off when they got bushy. His product/hair knowledge is negative zero. You should have seen my mom when she saw that bald forehead! He is the greatest stepdad ever, but a hair maven he is not. :)

Yikes! If only there was a way to protect him from himself! :p Poor step-dad!

Bene
May 7th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Huh, shampoo... conditioner... conditioner... conditioner... shampoo... Oooooh! Small bottle, I don't know what it is or what it does. Lemme stick this on my head without reading the instructions! :D

Good times :)

Dragon
May 7th, 2011, 12:41 AM
That's funny :rollin: Hopefully he has learnt to stay out of the closet :D

nory87
May 7th, 2011, 06:33 AM
This seriously made me laugh!!! I think I almost spit out my coffee from my mouth!!!!! I will be so mad if my bf were to do such a thing and in top of it satin my pillowcase!! :D

HeatherJenae
May 7th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I know Nory! What a silly man. In his defense though, my mom never uses products like that, she only had it because I gave it to her. I didn't like the smell. It reeked of men's cologne. Perfect for Tim's head! :) So he probably never thought in a million years it wasn't shampoo or conditioner.
Plus, the front of the bottle doesn't actually say what it is. All it says it Silk Reconstructing Complex, so I could see how someone with very little hair product knowledge would be fooled. BUT, I still think my mom should have had some fun with him and been like, "OMG, your hairs gonna fall out!". Just to teach him a lesson. :)

spitfire511
May 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
That's hilarious! Gave me a much-needed chuckle this morning. Thanks!

ETA: I can decide which is funnier - the product problem or the eyebrows. :D

lapushka
May 7th, 2011, 08:43 AM
That's one expensive closet raid

:lol: Ouch. It is funny, though. Poor guy. :D I think he at least owes her a brandnew bottle. ;)

Eire
May 7th, 2011, 09:22 AM
:lol: Ouch. It is funny, though. Poor guy. :D I think he at least owes her a brandnew bottle. ;)

Agreed! That stuff costs quite a bit! It's designed to last a long time ;)

spidermom
May 7th, 2011, 09:29 AM
My goodness, and he couldn't tell just from the texture that it wasn't shampoo? Weird! My husband has trouble with his vision, and of course doesn't wear his glasses in the shower, so on a few occasions he has tried to wash with conditioner but could tell that it wasn't shampoo when he tried to lather it. I'm always looking for product with "shampoo" in large lettering.

terpentyna
May 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Oh my, that is funny... I feel bad for him a little though. Thanks for sharing!