PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need HALO recipe

justgreen
May 6th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Carolyn, if you are watching, do you remember the exact HALO recipe that Elyce formulated? Anyone else?

krissykins
May 6th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Not Carolyn, but here's the thread (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/archive/showthread.php?t=49898) from the archive.

HALO Rinse Leave In:

1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Aloe vera gel
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 Tsp Oil
1 Tsp vinegar
8 cups distilled water (about 2 liters)

Carolyn
May 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Are you going to use it again, Justy? I was thinking of going back to it. I add some Mrs Stewarts bluing to the mix too to fight the gold and red tones.

kd did
May 6th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Newbie question-
Could you give a little information on what this leave in will do and how often you would use it?

I tried to search the archive but wasn't very successful-Thanks!

justgreen
May 6th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Are you going to use it again, Justy? I was thinking of going back to it. I add some Mrs Stewarts bluing to the mix too to fight the gold and red tones.

I'm not going back to it, but wanted it to give to my hairdresser. She wants to try it. I've got her talked into doing SMT treatments. She keeps having to cut her highlighted hair shorter and sees mine just keep getting longer.

Thanks Krissy!

krissykins
May 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
You're very welcome, justgreen! :)

Newbie question-
Could you give a little information on what this leave in will do and how often you would use it?

I tried to search the archive but wasn't very successful-Thanks!

Hello! :) Welcome to LHC!

Read through the thread I linked and you should be able to get lots of information! If not, search the current version of the site and see what you can pull up! I know little about the rinse, I only happened to come across the archived thread while browsing the old Mane Forum the other day :flower: