PDA

View Full Version : I am a freak; "Denman" rave

x0h_bother
May 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
So I was researching Denman brushes and realized that my mom had this small (I assume nylon) brush with a strong red rubber base. Turns out it is a Goody knockoff of the Denman. And as I sit here brushing my hair-that-is-not-to be-brushed with it, I am going, "I LOVE This!!" I am a freak. Thought I would share my newfound love of hair brushing. Oooh shiny :p

SwordMaiden
May 6th, 2011, 01:01 PM
That is awesome! I recently noticed that my hair loves being brushed...super shiney results.

elbow chic
May 6th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I know exactly the brush you're talking about! Had one several years ago... Now I want to run out to wal-mart and pick one up.

I love brushing. Even if it does break up the wave pattern, it feels way too good to give up.

jojo
May 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I have been brushing again for the past month after a 4 year break and I love it. I have just been bought a mason pearson BBB and I wish id started using one years ago. I too lose a lot of wave but the shine and softness I get from it, is worth it!

BrightEyes7
May 6th, 2011, 01:36 PM
My hair is similar to your hair type and it loves being brushed!! It smoothes it out wonderfully!! I have yet to try a Denman, or a knock off, I may need to try it out one of these days!

ETA: I lose a lot of wave, but that is kinda what I'm going for! I get pretty much straight hair with a slight bit of body wave after brushing. It looks like I spent time blow drying!

x0h_bother
May 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Agreed, my wave pattern becomes a not-so-nice looking 1b or c, and I do get "big hair," but I noticed despite all of my lack of brushing, I have quite a few broken hairs. I will experiment and see if brushing actually makes the hair stronger despite popular belief.

christine1989
May 6th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm thinking of giving brushing a try myself- I haven't done it in almost 6 years and am thinking it's about time to try it with a nice, high quality brush.

owlathena
May 6th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I have a denman. My friend has the goody knock-off. The goody was close, but wasn't as gentle with tangles as mine. The rubbery bit didn't have quite as much give. I recommended getting the real deal. I got mine at Sally's a couple years ago.

Roseate
May 6th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I lurve my Denman! It feels great on my scalp, and actually helps with curl definition when used to distribute product in the shower (lots of info on this method over on NaturallyCurly.com).

I don't see any damage from it, but I have cast-iron hair so don't listen to me.

rogue_psyche
May 6th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I'm quite fond of my Denman. It never gets stuck in my hair and is really easy to slip out when I encounter a tangle that needs to be removed by hand. DBF needs a brush that can smooth his wurly hair so be bought a Denman of his own.

Deborah
May 7th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I LOVE brushing. I don't find it damaging in the least. I think it is very good for my hair and scalp. And it feels sooo good.

gingylocks
May 7th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I had a fantastic pink brush for years that I loved to use, until one day my sister's 16 month old stepson found it and decided it would be great to stir up the toilet with. I have yet to find a brush that I like as much as I liked that one