PDA

View Full Version : One random hair is a different color

Coan-Teen
May 6th, 2011, 07:05 AM
So I was checking for splits the other day as a just in case because some of my ends where I used to flat iron have been feeling a little velcro-y and I found one dark auburn hair growing in my strawberry blonde hair. I tried to take a picture but the shine on the strand is making it difficult to see so I can only explain. The hair is dark auburn, thicker than my other strands, and coarser. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I know grays grow in differently sometimes but I've never heard of one randomly colored strand of hair.

Hehe. Either way, it's amusing. My husband didn't believe me at first. I had to fish it back out and show him.

Raekwon
May 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
yeah.. i don't know what's going on but.. i have black hair, but i check some of my ends and they're bronze, brown, or blonde... Same thing for my facial hair on my chin, some of them are just turning bronze brown. It's not even dark brown, it's the shiny brown that's noticeable in the light.

xcrunr2go
May 6th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I get the occasional darker hair differenet texture as well, it's just how our hairs are made, different like us! I'm blonde & I get a darker coarser one sometimes....

Copasetic
May 6th, 2011, 08:01 AM
This happens to a lot of people; there were even a few threads about it. I get random hairs of a different colour/texture sometimes.

spidermom
May 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I think I've got all the colors and all the textures growing out of my head.

Regan
May 6th, 2011, 10:37 AM
i have one or two red hairs growing in my bangs, but no one in my family has red hair. immediate or extended.

elbow chic
May 6th, 2011, 10:45 AM
It's never happened to me, but my husband gets all kinds of weird colors, usually very red or blond ones, especially growing out of his beard. His hair is predominately dark brown but there is no mistaking the other ones if you look closer.

(It reassured him when we went on to have redheads and blonds, but no brunette kids.) :laugh:

okiesarah
May 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Strawberry blonde here too. I have three different colored strands in mine. I have some very blonde ones, the usual normal red, and the dark auburn strands. Not too many of those though, it's most the blonde and normal red colors, but it's always fun to find the dark ones :)

WaterMusic
May 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
A friend of mine always says she has hair coloured hair, because she can find every different colour in her hair. :)

salls
May 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I get thick black hairs in my fine brown ones. It's kinda random.

Madora
May 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Oh, definitely! My hair has at least 4 different colors ..dark brown, white, silver and best of all, a lovely deep auburn. How I wish there were more of those auburn strands!

WaitingSoLong
May 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I have a lock of pale auburn hair. It is nice. But just one lock, probably dime sized at the scalp.

ouseljay
May 6th, 2011, 12:03 PM
My hair has lots of colors and textures. Mostly medium thickness dark blonde, some lighter blonde and a few nearly white and thin, some copper, a few fiery red that are like little coarse ribbons, a few auburn, and very occasionally I'll find a black one, usually fairly coarse. My s.other's hair is nearly black, but he has some red strands, especially in his beard. I love them.

rhosyn_du
May 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I've never seen it on my own head, but my mom, who has baby-fine 1a blonde hair occasionally finds a coarse, curly, black hair growing out of her head.

Coan-Teen
May 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Wow. I never would have guessed it was so common. It's nice to know I'm not alone in having random rebel hairs, though.

Kristin
May 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I have a large chunk of reddish hair at my nape that will not change regardless of chemical color or henna. Weird.

Quezie
May 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I have strange coarse hairs randomly. I thought it was damage at first!

Dizzy_zzz
May 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I get a couple of course dark brown hairs in my fine blond hair. It's funny; like they're hiding amongst the blondes. :D

Alex Lou
May 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I have bright, light auburn hair. There are a mixture of hues, but sometimes I find strands that are unusually dark. The darker strands tend to be much coarser than the rest and usually more curly. I found one yesterday that looked almost black. It kinda disturbed me. I kinda wonder if my hair is gradually turning darker, I'm not sure.

julliams
May 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I'm a natural strawberry too and I have found the exact same thing as you only mine was really deep dark browny auburn. At the time I rejoiced because I thought my hair was going to turn that colour - lol. But yes, I have loads of different colours including white, platinum blonde, light blonde, dark blonde, orange, red and auburn. It's what makes our overall colour "strawberry blonde".

perkidanman
May 6th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I have dark, daaaaaark brown hair but I have random fine copper colored hairs and my boyfriend has light brown hair with random grey hair, so I guess it's more common than people realize..

Jimothea
May 6th, 2011, 11:00 PM
This is me too. Most of my hairs are all in the blonde family, from white-blonde strands to a dark brass. But then there are the auburn ones; they're almost purple. Very pretty color, really. AND they've survived multiple bleaching/dying experiements, just like Kristin's. Plus, they're straighter, which is weird (the red heads in the family are all 3b +). Go figure. lol

sugarpixie10988
May 6th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I have lots of different colors in my hair.. it's mostly dark blonde, but I also have some red, light blonde, brown, and very dark brown.

RadiantNeedle
May 6th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Welcome to the Tortoiseshell family! ^-^