PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing hair stick

pixi_stix
May 5th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I managed to put my hair in a braided Chinese bun today. It stayed in very well all day. But when I decided to unpin my hair at the end of the day, I noticed my hair stick had vanished. I just cannot understand how it could fall out of my hair when the braids were wrapped round it so many times. Stranger still, the bun was still in nice and tight. :confused: I wonder if Harry Potter stole it for a new wand. lol :magic:

AnnaJamila
May 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo . . .

lol, that happens to me all the time. although mine doesn't stay up.

pixi_stix
May 5th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Think I will have to get Mulder and Skully onto this. lol. This is the first time one has vanished. I'd understand it, if the bun had loosened off, but it hadn't

psychobilly5
May 5th, 2011, 08:26 PM
oh how strange. I hope it wasn't a favored hairstick?

AnnaJamila
May 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I lost a really beautiful one that used to be my grandmother's. :( the funny thing with me is that my hair is all wraped up when I wear them, so I have NO IDEA where the stick goes!!!

Brynne
May 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM
That's funny - I thought that had happened to me the other day, but I found it (in my hair). Mine's not even that long! It occurred to me that using the pins kind of sets me up to lose a stick. Maybe I'll just use enough to keep it all in order, but try to keep it so it would fall out if the stick slipped out.

Anje
May 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Sometimes I'll lose one, and the hair will come down a few minutes later. But I've never had it stay floating there all by itself for long. So far, well-meaning passers-by have usually returned said stick by the time the hair was collapsing.

pixi_stix
May 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Mmm I didn't expect so many others to have the same happen to them. Maybe there's a hair toy stealing faery out there. lol.
Thankfully it wasn't a favourite stick and I do have it's twin in my toybox.

Phexlyn
May 6th, 2011, 04:15 AM
I've had sticks falling out but only after my bun had been sliding and unwinding already. Did you maybe loose the stick at home of close to it so there wasn't much time between the stick vanishing and you taking out the bun? That might have been ther reason the bun was still intact.

jasper
May 6th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Oh darn! I had that happen with wooden forks a couple of times. I was lucky enough to find them. Hope you find your stick!