PDA

View Full Version : Strange discoloration of hair. (photo)

PiroskaCicu
May 5th, 2011, 08:05 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226718_10150166640627749_681062748_6804122_454825_ n.jpg

I asked my DBF to take a picture of my 2 bun hairstyle, but then noticed something strange. Notice how under the right bun, there is a strange line, which looks like a bald spot? Well I checked and it isn't a bald spot.... it's actually a small patch of hair that is extremely light, almost white/pale blond/gray. Why would this happen? What's odd is that it is in a line, and that's the only spot on my head (as far as I have found) that has this color.

What could cause such a thing? I am baffled.

Miss Catrina
May 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM
It's hard to seem but I'm reminded of someone's thread recently showing off a white streak due to Vitiligo. Could it be that?

LaurelSpring
May 5th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I have several white patches on my body that dont have pigment but they have been there most of my life I think. I dont know if they suddenly develop. Some people do seem to have a premature gray streak I have noticed. I knew one girl in her 20s that had one. It looked pretty cool on her though.

PiroskaCicu
May 5th, 2011, 08:12 PM
It's hard to seem but I'm reminded of someone's thread recently showing off a white streak due to Vitiligo. Could it be that?

I don't think so, because I don't have Vitiligo.

Mesmerise
May 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I asked my DBF to take a picture of my 2 bun hairstyle, but then noticed something strange. Notice how under the right bun, there is a strange line, which looks like a bald spot? Well I checked and it isn't a bald spot.... it's actually a small patch of hair that is extremely light, almost white/pale blond/gray. Why would this happen? What's odd is that it is in a line, and that's the only spot on my head (as far as I have found) that has this color.

What could cause such a thing? I am baffled.

My son has something similar. When he was born he had dark hair, and in one patch he had a few hairs that were a light whitish grey colour! Now, he's still got them, but because his hair is now a dark blond sorta ashy colour, you can't see them unless you hunt.

It can be something you're born with, or it can happen if there's some damage to the area there perhaps, that stressed the hair follicles.

Chetanlaiho
May 6th, 2011, 04:55 AM
I just noticed some whiteblonde hairs growing at the front of my hairline as well, it's weird but apparently not too uncommon :/

WaitingSoLong
May 6th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I can't see it in your pic bu tmy DH has a small patch of white or gray hair. It is about 2cm x 1cm. It hasn't always been there (I cut his hair). :shrug: I think it is fairly common. My mom has a white streak but she is almost 60.