PDA

View Full Version : Pre-wash Deep Oiling Question

missvici
May 5th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone:) I was just about to go put a mixture of coconut and olive oil on my hair tonight, then wash it out tomorrow. However, I had curled my hair using Curlformers today and had put hairspray in my hair to help hold the curl longer. I was just wondering if hair products such as hairspray, mousses, creams ect can affect the benefits of oiling hair? Thanks!

Shicurls
May 5th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Nope. I wouldn't think so....

It hasn't for me! :)

danaj421
May 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I don't think I've ever had a product in my hair that oil couldn't penetrate. You shoud be fine.

ElusiveMuse
May 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Chiming in to agree. It shouldn't hamper the oil absorption.

owlathena
May 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Olive oil can get through anything! It might even do a better job of getting the product off your hair than shampoo.

I also thought I'd mention that when I leave anything on my scalp overnight, I always shed quite a bit. I've heard of it happening to others around here too. If thats a concern of yours, then you should just treat your length and avoid your scalp. HTH!

missvici
May 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I also thought I'd mention that when I leave anything on my scalp overnight, I always shed quite a bit. I've heard of it happening to others around here too. If thats a concern of yours, then you should just treat your length and avoid your scalp. HTH!

I don't typically oil my scalp because I find the oil makes me itchy, plus I get greasy hair very easily. I haven't noticed a problem with shedding when I do it though. Thanks for the information anyways!

cowgirllong
May 5th, 2011, 10:03 PM
You really don't need to oil your scalp or any hair above your ears. Personally, I oil (jojoba) from my ears down and leave it in 2 days. I just wear it up so it doesn't look greasy.