PDA

View Full Version : Extraordinary

WaitingSoLong
May 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I got the best hair complient IRL I have ever received today. I had my hair loose and straight (I blow-dried it) and was in Menards shopping for Mother's Day and one of the employees, an older (than me...50's?) man said "You have extraordinary hair! You can tell you take really good care of it".
WOW :cheese:

I have had many compliments but the way he said it, and you could tell he really meant it, and the fact it was not creepy in any way.

Mamakash
May 5th, 2011, 02:15 PM
What a nice thing to say! I'm glad he noticed your hard work!

MissManda
May 5th, 2011, 02:23 PM
All of that hard work and gentle care is paying off! :D Congratulations on such a nice compliment! :flower:

scorpio_rising
May 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM
How wonderful, and I wholeheartedly agree!

skyblue
May 5th, 2011, 02:27 PM
It was nice of him to notice but the compliment was a very true statement....you DO have extraordinarily beautiful hair! ;)

Avital88
May 5th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Was a nice man, and i totally agree with him!

spidermom
May 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM
See? We've been telling you: you have beautiful hair. Don't cut it.

Madora
May 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Now THERE'S a guy who knows how to give a heartfelt compliment. How lovely was that! Your hair looks terrific!

elbow chic
May 5th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I agree with him!

JamieLeigh
May 5th, 2011, 04:37 PM
That's such a wonderful compliment - a nice statement, also adding in that he notices the time you have put in on it. :flower:

(...and I love your signature line about teenagers...hahaha)

jojo
May 5th, 2011, 04:54 PM
See you have gorgeous hair and that was a well earn't compliment!

nantang
May 5th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Well, considering my initial reaction when I clicked your post and saw your picture is "wooooooow" outloud haha, I'd say I'd definately have to agree with that man :D

dulce
May 5th, 2011, 06:54 PM
You have gorgeous hair!

Jean Stuart
May 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
That is so nice. Your hair is beautiful.

Sunshineliz
May 5th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I told you your hair was great! (And I think that was a very timely compliment don't you? Sounds like just what you needed.)

WaitingSoLong
May 6th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I told you your hair was great! (And I think that was a very timely compliment don't you? Sounds like just what you needed.)

This is what I was thinking!

Thanks everyone :O) I wasn't fishing for compliments, I was trying to compliment the man for such a thoughtful comment. I hear "beautiful" or "pretty" or "so long" in reference to my hair but never heard "extraordinary before.

I have been working on a title for when I reach a thousand posts and yesterday I added the word "extraordinary" and completed it. Hmm..better get posting...

But since you are complimenting...I will wait patiently and listen to every one. LOL

arc691
May 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM
How nice! And everyone who posted before me is absolutely correct~ your hair is gorgeous!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x472/andrearcolson/My%20Smilies/1010087.jpg

Paranda Belle
May 6th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Another person who thinks your hair is awesome! A well deserved, well worded compliment !

dragonchickx
May 6th, 2011, 08:39 AM
How nice of him to notice. No offense guys but some of them dont know the difference between healthy long hair and just long hair.. Maybe I will get that appreciation one day lol. You deserve it though! For me, I am still trying to grow out a few layers..

WaitingSoLong
May 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I have found a lot of women/girls who compliment my hair always make some excuse as to why their hair is not long and it is usually "I can't grow my hair long" and I have told several people about LHC but I am sure it goes in one ear and out the other. Or bounces off altogether. I also don't think a lot of women know what healthy hair really is. It si the norm to dye and heat style hair. I mean, who DOESN'T...right? Really, everyone should join LHC.

Beatnik Guy
May 6th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I hear "beautiful" or "pretty" or "so long" in reference to my hair but never heard "extraordinary before.
I'm adding "extraordinary" to my complimenting words. :D

BrightEyes7
May 6th, 2011, 04:32 PM
See? We've been telling you: you have beautiful hair. Don't cut it.

Yes, don't cut it!

Don't you love when you get heartfelt compliments like that? I bet that put an extra spring in your step today!

You do have extraordinary hair!!

WittyWordsmith
May 6th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I don't know you, but I'm begging you not to cut your hair! He was right, it is very obvious that you work hard to take care of it. I can only hope to have hair that length some day!

angelshair
May 8th, 2011, 02:10 AM
I love totally unexpected compliments, though it will prolly be a long time until I get one on my long (HAH!) hair. I love how people just surprise you out of nowhere. I try as much as I can to randomly compliment people if I notice something beautiful. Spread the love. :D

McFearless
May 8th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Are we not good enough for you? :(

:p

EdG
May 8th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Thanks everyone :O) I wasn't fishing for compliments, I was trying to compliment the man for such a thoughtful comment. I hear "beautiful" or "pretty" or "so long" in reference to my hair but never heard "extraordinary before.It's true. You have extraordinary hair. :thud:
Ed

Sunshineliz
May 8th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I love totally unexpected compliments, though it will prolly be a long time until I get one on my long (HAH!) hair. I love how people just surprise you out of nowhere. I try as much as I can to randomly compliment people if I notice something beautiful. Spread the love. :D

^ A person after my own heart.:D

littlenvy
May 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM
These are the best kind of compliments ! :) I'm very happy for you!
And you do have very extraordinary hair!

beatriz
May 8th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Thats great! :) At last a guy that can make a good compliment :p
You do have a gorgeous hair:)

WaitingSoLong
May 8th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone! Ya know I try to give compliments when they are sincere, but most often I keep quiet because I am introverted. However I think more people need to go ahead and open up when they genuinely have something nice to say ;) lol

And yes, you all are good enough for me ;)

PrincessBob
May 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I am so happy that you re receiving recognition for having healthy happy hair.

WaitingSoLong
May 9th, 2011, 06:22 AM
It's always good to hear other people's opinions because I tend to think my hair is fried, horrible and ugly.

Yesterday I asked DH about my demarcation line and if he thought it looked stupid. He didn't know what I was talking about! That man...I swear he is blind. I can gain 20lbs and he doesn't notice. SIGH. Now....that is good.... but I need honest criticism sometimes and he is just blinded by love. Ahhh...I love that man (ready to vomit yet? lol)

To hear someone comment on my hair health...that is encouraging and reminds me that there is more to hair than length and color!

Sunshineliz
May 9th, 2011, 07:47 AM
It's always good to hear other people's opinions because I tend to think my hair is fried, horrible and ugly.

Yesterday I asked DH about my demarcation line and if he thought it looked stupid. He didn't know what I was talking about! That man...I swear he is blind. I can gain 20lbs and he doesn't notice. SIGH. Now....that is good.... but I need honest criticism sometimes and he is just blinded by love. Ahhh...I love that man (ready to vomit yet? lol)

To hear someone comment on my hair health...that is encouraging and reminds me that there is more to hair than length and color!

LOL. I feel that way about my DH sometimes too. Sweet and wonderful, but I'd like an objective opinion too!