PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park 'Numb" bun+Scrunchy buns?

FluffSpider
May 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Prologue: LHC is the *only* place where one can ask about the glimpse of a bun in a nu-metal video without getting weird stares. So here goes:
For years, I've been fixating over the bun the girl from Linkin Park's 'Numb' clip wraps up from 2.11 to 2.15. Does anyone have any idea what she's doing there?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU

Now, for the second question: aside from the Bee butt bun, what buns can be secured with a scrunchy/hair tie? I'm great with stick updos, but somehow, I always end up having a scrunchy nearby and not a hair stick, and I find most pencils break some hairs when they get trapped between the wood and lead. At 'can I call this waist?', bee butt buns look exactly like an elder sagged no-buttlift bee butt. Not something I proudly wear at school, but still find myself resorting to from time to time.So, any scrunchy bun tutorials or ideas?:D

Oz
May 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM
just watched the vid... if it IS bun and not just the director saying... look lik eyour putting your hair up and then lets cut to hair and make up department.. and start shooting again...

then... (grabs paint brush)
do as you see... paintbrush above hair.. wrap under and around twice, then twist the brush above and round the head so its pointing the other direction,,, pull it almost out so the tip is close you your scalp reslide through the hair to the left again . dead easy and it holds realllllly well :) much quicker than anything moer fancy too.

FluffSpider
May 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
What are the odds of my having a paintbrush right in front of me?(I'm no art student. Maths &programming:d)
Yet I somehow do.
I might have gotten the hang of it, but I can only see her twisting two times. I kind of have some left-over hair but I'll see how it looks:d

Bast
May 5th, 2011, 01:15 PM
It almost looks like a pencil bun, but instead of rotating the stick, she's wrapping her hair around the paintbrush?

Huh. I will experiment, too.

terpentyna
May 5th, 2011, 01:18 PM
It's totally secured with a paintbrush.

It's the kind where you wrap the hair around a stick, it never holds very long for me, but it's the thing you figure how to do when you play with your hair inclass with a pencil.

Yay for LP:) !

Anje
May 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I just can't get scrunchy buns to be comfortable, so I tend to keep a hairstick or two mixed in with the pencils in my backpack. Simple, undecorated ones that aren't going to get damaged.

I can't really tell what she's doing in the video, but it's roughly how I do a lazy wrap bun. Grab hair, throw the tail around the base as many times as necessary/desired, stick hairstick through. I think she's just holding the paintbrush at that point before securing the bun, not that it's already in the hair.

Chetanlaiho
May 5th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Gah love that song <3 (and admittedly, that's what drew me to the thread and not because I'm of any real help ^^;)

But, I'd never seen the clip before so thanks for that? xD Her hair is really pretty, now I'm kind of wondering how she's doing that bun as well D=