PDA

View Full Version : Good days to cut hair

Avital88
May 5th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I was browsing around the net and read that if its full moon in Taurus its a good day to trim if you want faster hairgrowth.
Well ,full moon in Taurus is coming up quite soon: May 17.
I was planning on doing a little dusting since my ends are getting thinner and some help with growth is never too much.
Also August 13 when its full moon in Leo might be a good date to do a dusting/trim/cut, its good for growth and for thickness!
We all know lions have big bushy hair!

So i will do a dusting May 17 and have a trim on August 13.
What do you all think about these moon phases and is anybody joining?

jojo
May 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
oh I love all this kinda stuff. I am not dusting again until August so might as well do it on a good day, can't do any harm! Though I am a UKer so my full moons are different, I need to find the Uk one!

eta=oh your europe should be similar! did they give an august best day?

Avital88
May 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM
the best day in August is the 13th!
I did this 2 years ago aswell, and i had significant thickness increasement even my stylist was surprised, so i hope this will happen again:D

tinti
May 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Ooh full moon in Taurus is on Norways national day!! Hurra for søttende mai!! ;)

(slightly off topic, but I just had to, guess I am a nationalist whateveritscalled:p)

CastaDiva
May 5th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ooh full moon in Taurus is on Norways national day!! Hurra for søttende mai!! ;)

(slightly off topic, but I just had to, guess I am a nationalist whateveritscalled:p)
Hipp, Hipp Hurra!!:)

Chetanlaiho
May 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM
This leo wishes she had big bushy hair xD
But, I may try this, couldn't hurt right? ^^

ange1ito
May 5th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Avital your hair is sooo pretty.

I have been following the lunar calendar since last year. Here is the one I follow for this year:

https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

I also try to match my hair colour/cut dates with the Moon maintenance plan:

http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

Following the dates has stopped me from trimming every 4-6 weeks at the salon which allowed my length to increase gradually from shoulder to past bsl. I now only get a dusting whenever i visit

I can't say it has been growing super fast as i only get half an inch a month.

I can recall one month it grew 3/4 of an inch whilst following the dates.

I'm cutting mine this month on the full moon dates.

I have been following advice here too, i personally think a combination of things has helped me.

jojo
May 5th, 2011, 06:15 PM
the best day in August is the 13th!
I did this 2 years ago aswell, and i had significant thickness increasement even my stylist was surprised, so i hope this will happen again:D

thank you for that, I have added it to my calender! :D

NaiadOreiad
May 12th, 2011, 01:26 AM
My birthday is on the 16th! And on the 17th I will be in the alps while my DH is taking a kayak instructor course. I think i will bring my climbing shoes and sit on a majestic boulder to trim. :D

Avital88
May 12th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Avital your hair is sooo pretty.

I have been following the lunar calendar since last year. Here is the one I follow for this year:

https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

I also try to match my hair colour/cut dates with the Moon maintenance plan:

http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

Following the dates has stopped me from trimming every 4-6 weeks at the salon which allowed my length to increase gradually from shoulder to past bsl. I now only get a dusting whenever i visit

I can't say it has been growing super fast as i only get half an inch a month.

I can recall one month it grew 3/4 of an inch whilst following the dates.

I'm cutting mine this month on the full moon dates.

I have been following advice here too, i personally think a combination of things has helped me.

Thank you so much! Full moon trims are always good i heard so you are doing the righht thing.Happy growing!

Mesmerise
May 12th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Hi everyone,

I was browsing around the net and read that if its full moon in Taurus its a good day to trim if you want faster hairgrowth.
Well ,full moon in Taurus is coming up quite soon: May 17.
I was planning on doing a little dusting since my ends are getting thinner and some help with growth is never too much.
Also August 13 when its full moon in Leo might be a good date to do a dusting/trim/cut, its good for growth and for thickness!
We all know lions have big bushy hair!

So i will do a dusting May 17 and have a trim on August 13.
What do you all think about these moon phases and is anybody joining?

Just to clarify a bit (because this is something that confused me too!) when they say the "full moon in Taurus" it doesn't actually mean when the current astrological sign is in Taurus. So, just because it's in May, the moon isn't necessarily in Taurus, even though the star sign for that month is Taurus (well most of that month cause my birthday's in May and I'm Gemini :p).

Check out: http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?calendarYear=2011&calendarMonth=4

This site allows you to select where you are in the world, and it shows in what sign the moon is in throughout the month (as it changes between each of the Astrological symbols). The moon in Taurus is actually May 29th not May 17th (and is a bad time to cut because the moon is waning at the time).

I learned all this from reading the "hair cutting by the moon" thread, which you may find if you scroll through the first couple of pages in the forum (it should be fairly recently updated).

Oh, and as a quick aside, the moon is in Scorpio on May 16th, and that's supposed to be a good time for a trim. From this site: http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html it says "The Moon in Scorpio is a very fruitful and moist and almost as productive as Cancer. For Hair Maintenance, cut hair if you need it to grow quickly.". So if I were you, I'd trim on the 16th rather than the 17th!!

Aveyronnaise
May 12th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Ohh that is so cool, I have been vacillating between trimming this month or waiting until the end of the summer . I guess I will wait until the August moon to trim.
Hooowwwwwwwllll.

krissykins
May 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I'm thinking about only doing trims on Summer Solstice and Winter Solstice from now on. I normally trim every six months, so it can't hurt to choose these days, right? :D

Thanks for the links!