PDA

View Full Version : Do Long haired men like women with long hair?

sweetestpoison
May 5th, 2011, 01:23 AM
I couldn't find this post, and i see plenty of posts about if women like their men with long hair, so now i'm curious. Are there any long haired males out there who like their women to have long hair too? Or do you not really have a preference? I think if i had a bf with waist length hair, i might get jealous that his is longer than mine, but definitely wouldn't dislike it or anything, in fact i absolutely love long hair.. on anybody. So Long haired men out there, how do you feel about long hair on women? :smack:

kwaniesiam
May 5th, 2011, 02:07 AM
DBF has long hair, dreadlocks to be specific but those came around after I did. He actually prefers short hair on women.

trolleypup
May 5th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Long hair is nice, I like long hair on others...but, it is only one of many many facets of another person.

sweetestpoison
May 5th, 2011, 02:21 AM
DBF has long hair, dreadlocks to be specific but those came around after I did. He actually prefers short hair on women.

^That's what i'm talkin bout! Haha rubbing off on him huh? Yeah that's what i had in my head for some reason, that guys with long hair prefer girls with short hair like in bob cuts or something. I don't know why i thought that so i decided to ask LHC what they think :)

Elysium
May 5th, 2011, 02:27 AM
My boyfriend has midback length dark blonde 2c hair. I have to admit I'm a little bit jealous :p He doesn't look after it though, and refuses to let me trim the spilt ends or oil it for him :mad:

sweetestpoison
May 5th, 2011, 02:40 AM
My boyfriend has midback length dark blonde 2c hair. I have to admit I'm a little bit jealous :p He doesn't look after it though, and refuses to let me trim the spilt ends or oil it for him :mad:

Oh Elysium i feel your pain!! My brothers had long hair while i was in high school, and they both had the potential to have hair that instilled envy in every girl they came across but the ends were split all the way up! They didn't just have a halo, their whole head glowed from the scraggly splits! I think the younger of the two will grow his out again during his college years, maybe i can convince him to do it the right way this time >.>

nantang
May 5th, 2011, 02:50 AM
I'm a guy and yes, I find long hair on women profoundly more attractive than shorter. Like, honestly, it's dirrectly proportional and the floor's the limit ;)

Also, I would argue the case that the MAJORITY of men (not all, mind you) in general find longer hair more attractive at a subconcious level. I spoken with a lot of guys about this question (ever played "hot or not" with friends/siblings?) and I've come to notice some interesting trends.

1) Men generally find long haired women attractive.
2) Men generally view women with very long hair as elegant, surreal, or extrordinary.
3) Most men aren't very outspoken or confident, especially around women.
4) Trends 2 + 3 mean men tend to be intimidated by women with very long hair, which leads to finally....
5) Men don't compliment women on their long hair enough.

I think we live in a society that doesn't praise long hair on women enough. There's this average length that is socially viewed as "acceptably femenistic", and a lot of people don't even think to try longer.

I mean, that was one of the reasons I discovered and came to LHC, I was curious about find other people who appreciated long hair. But hey, now I'm just rambling :o

-j-
May 5th, 2011, 02:51 AM
My partner (I don´t like the term "boyfriend") has long hair, about midback as well, and it is in very nasty shape! More split ends than healthy...
Nowadays he lets me put conditioner and S&D it, but he is seldom around, because his career means travelling all around the world all the time...!!! My heart weeps for the poor poor hair!!

Sorry, I got a little carried away with off topic...
He does prefer women with long hair.

sweetestpoison
May 5th, 2011, 03:05 AM
I'm a guy and yes, I find long hair on women profoundly more attractive than shorter. Like, honestly, it's dirrectly proportional and the floor's the limit ;)

Also, I would argue the case that the MAJORITY of men (not all, mind you) in general find longer hair more attractive at a subconcious level. I spoken with a lot of guys about this question (ever played "hot or not" with friends/siblings?) and I've come to notice some interesting trends.

2) Men generally view women with very long hair as elegant, surreal, or extrordinary.
4) Trends 2 + 3 mean men tend to be intimidated by women with very long hair, which leads to finally....

I think we live in a society that doesn't praise long hair on women enough. There's this average length that is socially viewed as "acceptably femenistic", and a lot of people don't even think to try longer.

I mean, that was one of the reasons I discovered and came to LHC, I was curious about find other people who appreciated long hair. But hey, now I'm just rambling :o

You speak the words i argue almost daily! I am constantly rambling to people about how men are programed to want a woman with long hair, it's a sign of good health (well as long as the hair is in good condition anyway) and fertility. I really don't think men compliment hair enough either, but i also feel i am more passionate about hair than other people too... Not in a ****** or sexual way, i just really admire it, and hate to see when it's unkempt.

A lot of people think that long hair is unfashionable because you can't (well technically you could but it's begging for damage) Get the 425+ degree flat ironed flat as can be look that seems to be so "in". Personally there is nothing more beautiful than when soft curls or waves caress the body in a way that you can't replicate with heat. Of course i am on the side of finding natural things to be beautiful but hey, that's just me :shrug:

I also think that society is gearing towards more simple hairstyles. I can't tell you how many times during my searches through the LHC threads have i seen people who have received the comment "why did you grow your hair out long? You can't/don't do anything with it"... That urks me a little because there are so many beautiful hairstyles that you can ONLY do with long hair. But apparently the thousands (maybe a slight over exaggeration..) of updo's, half updo's and even things you can do with it while it's down don't count as doing anything with it, and the only thing that counts as doing something with your hair is spending an hour of intensive heat "therapy" to make it look limp... Hey, now I'M rambling! Lol you transferred your rambles to me i think :magic:

Pierre
May 5th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Ceteris paribus, I'd prefer that my gal have long hair, but I think that a beautiful mind is more attractive.

Belisarius
May 5th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Ceteris paribus, I'd prefer that my gal have long hair, but I think that a beautiful mind is more attractive.
Yes, with this I agree.

faerielady
May 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I would prefer if my partner had long hair. However, he is a Marine and that's not possible. So, it's either long hair or bald in my case. No seriously... he shaves his head. For most Marines, it's easier.

I've seen pictures of him prior to the Marine Corps though... he had mid-back length dark blond curls.

Phexlyn
May 5th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Mine does :)

Shield31
May 5th, 2011, 09:41 AM
This long haired guy does :). And DW of 30 years has spectacular long red hair !!!

battles
May 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM
When I was younger, I always went for the guys with long hair. And at the time, I always had short hair. Some liked it, some didn't.

It's a matter of personal opinion. You can't lump all long haired men into liking long haired women and shorter haired men into liking this and this liking that.. it doesn't work that way.

Bene
May 5th, 2011, 09:57 AM
My b/f says:

If you like your hair, then I like your hair, whatever length it is. The only time I don't like your hair is when YOU don't like your hair, because then we all have to suffer :(

Odie
May 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
My long haired husband has said that he likes my hair long, but isn't going to throw a fit if I chop it. I'm trying to play with hair toys this time around, rather than look to get it cut (save trimming bad ends)

I've always wanted really long hair, so I'm trying to work with it this time rather than chop it. I'm not going to say that his opinion has no effect, but it's mostly my decision to try and work with it this time. Hence the hair toys and reading here, to keep me from getting the chop-chop itch. :eek: :uhh:

I, on the other hand, have told him flat out he's not allowed to cut his hair unless there are six figures involved. (does this make me a bad person? :confused:)

Fingolphin
May 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I definitely (in general) prefer long hair on women, or on anyone for that matter. Although short definitely looks great on some women.

sweetestpoison
May 5th, 2011, 12:14 PM
When I was younger, I always went for the guys with long hair. And at the time, I always had short hair. Some liked it, some didn't.

It's a matter of personal opinion. You can't lump all long haired men into liking long haired women and shorter haired men into liking this and this liking that.. it doesn't work that way.

I wasn't intending to ruffle any feathers with this post or lump all long haired men together, I simply asked which they prefer. It was simply an interesting thought i had pop into my head and decided to follow through with asking. I know that at some point in early high school/late middle school i noticed boys with hair longer than the girls they were dating. Just asking what everybody thinks and what their preferences are :)

Beatnik Guy
May 5th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Are there any long haired males out there who like their women to have long hair too?
Uh huh. :cool:

JamieLeigh
May 5th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I have a long-haired man; my husband has around APL after a good chop about a week ago. He really has no preference either way...which is good in a way, because it means my appearance isn't the deciding factor in our marriage (lol), but annoying in another way, because he can't be called on to give good advice hairwise. If I do specifically want a "yes, I love it" or an "ew, no I hate it", then I do not like getting the "whatever you feel is best, I think you look gorgeous either way" response. :p

Avvoltoio
May 5th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I always prefered long hair on women :), but my current girlfriend have short hair, sometimes i wish she should grow it, but i love her hair short too :)

Shadow Walker
May 5th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I absolutely prefer long hair on women! Although, I always end up dating short haired women...maybe that's my problem :p

battles
May 5th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I wasn't intending to ruffle any feathers with this post or lump all long haired men together, I simply asked which they prefer. It was simply an interesting thought i had pop into my head and decided to follow through with asking. I know that at some point in early high school/late middle school i noticed boys with hair longer than the girls they were dating. Just asking what everybody thinks and what their preferences are :)

I'm sorry, I realized how irritable that sounded.. I guess I have sort of strange feelings about this, but I won't get into that. I'll try to think more carefully about how I'm wording things before I post. Sorry about that..

verene
May 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
My husband is a long-haired man (about waist length). He prefers shorter hair on females, but admits I'd look weird with short hair. As long as I'm happy with my hair, he doesn't care what I do with it.

Alun
May 5th, 2011, 07:18 PM
In general I do prefer women to have long hair.

I have dated several women who had short hair, though. That was never an issue with any of them, but I confess it upsets me when women who did have long hair decide to cut it short.

ETA: Recent such dissapointments include discovering on FaceBook that 'girls' I knew in high school have lopped off their lovely long hair (the inverted commas being because they are the same age as me, but it's hard to think of them as women rather than girls).

My wife has long hair. It used to be longer than mine, but it is a bit shorter than it was, and mine has grown a bit longer. I wouldn't be pleased if she got a pixie cut, though. I don't think it would suit her, but I don't think she would want to anyway.

owlathena
May 5th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I sure hope so! I've been drooling over a guy I keep spotting around campus and the neighborhood with perfect MBLish light brown silky hair. Lately I've been wondering if there is a way to talk to DBF about growing out his hair. Of course I love him as is, short hair and all, but with a little encouragement he might be interested in growing it out. I'm not sure how he feels about my hair. He mostly just complains about it when I smack him with my pony or get my hair in his face. But its always "You should put it up!" never "Cut it off!"

ETA: I remember reading a study (maybe on lhc?) about how if a husband cheats on his wife, its very likely the the other woman will have longer hair than his wife. Interesting...

EdG
May 5th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I tend not to notice short-haired women. It's almost as though they were invisible. :ponder:

On the other hand, long hair will make me notice a woman, particularly if I need to pick myself up out of the thudpile. :thudpile:
Ed

Annibelle
May 5th, 2011, 09:52 PM
My husband has TBL hair... which is pretty long, since he's 6'2"! (I'm so jealous... his hair is PERFECT and he doesn't do anything to it...) Anyway, he LOVES long hair. He gets uneasy even when I just trim my split ends... haha. We met when I had short hair, though; he just finds me even more attractive as my hair grows. Luckily for me, I want long hair, anyway...!

celebriangel
May 6th, 2011, 07:51 AM
DBF and I both have long (well, about BSL - which is a lot longer on him than on me, since he's 6'2) hair, and we both like our partners to have long hair. The first time I mentioned that I'd love knee-length red hair he :thudpile: :)

Now, we're growing our hair out together. We're looking forward to being the weird hippies everyone stares at in the grocery store (We both wear odd, unique charite-shop piercings, he likes to do funky things with his facial hair, I have facial piercings, and I'm pretty sure both of us with butt length hair would just take the biscuit).

He loves when I wash/comb/plait/oil his hair, too - he doesn't have enough initiative really to do so himself, but will happily do mine, so we trade:)

Sorry, this thread just made me remember how much I love DBF :crush: :cloud9:

sweetestpoison
May 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I tend not to notice short-haired women. It's almost as though they were invisible. :ponder:

On the other hand, long hair will make me notice a woman, particularly if I need to pick myself up out of the thudpile. :thudpile:
Ed

How can you ever be in the thud pile when you have such awesome hair??? lol

I sure hope so! I've been drooling over a guy I keep spotting around campus and the neighborhood with perfect MBLish light brown silky hair. Lately I've been wondering if there is a way to talk to DBF about growing out his hair. Of course I love him as is, short hair and all, but with a little encouragement he might be interested in growing it out. I'm not sure how he feels about my hair. He mostly just complains about it when I smack him with my pony or get my hair in his face. But its always "You should put it up!" never "Cut it off!"

ETA: I remember reading a study (maybe on lhc?) about how if a husband cheats on his wife, its very likely the the other woman will have longer hair than his wife. Interesting...

That is an interesting study. I wonder if it's true o.O I definitely think that they would prefer a woman with a different length, because if they wanted somebody that looked like their wife.. wouldn't they just be with their wife? instead of cheating.. idk though

My husband is a long-haired man (about waist length). He prefers shorter hair on females, but admits I'd look weird with short hair. As long as I'm happy with my hair, he doesn't care what I do with it.

I know a few men who prefer the shorter hair, it's one of the reasons i asked this question in the first place haha. It made me question mens preferences with factors such as their own hair length thrown in. I think the majority of the men like longer hair, some have no preference (whatever looks better on the person) and some prefer short. But that's just from my observations

trolleypup
May 7th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I know a few men who prefer the shorter hair, it's one of the reasons i asked this question in the first place haha. It made me question mens preferences with factors such as their own hair length thrown in. I think the majority of the men like longer hair, some have no preference (whatever looks better on the person) and some prefer short. But that's just from my observations
On that subject, it is pretty cool to be with someone whose hair is longer than one's own.

owlathena
May 7th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I think this is what I had in mind in my earlier post:

"First, be wary of women with long hair. One of the most unexpected things I discovered was that men nearly always cheat with women who have longer hair than their wives."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-husbands.html

Izae
May 7th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Long hair!
I've been noticing a lot more long hairs around campus recently.
The other day I saw three different people I'd never seen before with past midback length hair. And it all looked incredible. :)

So yeah. I much prefer long hair on anyone really.

EdG
May 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM
How can you ever be in the thud pile when you have such awesome hair??? lolThanks, sweetestpoison! :)

On that subject, it is pretty cool to be with someone whose hair is longer than one's own.The LHC men have set the bar pretty high... errr, low. :lol:
Ed

Raekwon
May 7th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I have long hair and I like females that have long hair.

For example: I don't find Amber Rose all that, but someone showed me an old pic of her with long hair and I was like oh snap.

thestookem
July 10th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Yes, Long hair is and always has been attractive on women. More so than short hair.

BelleBot
July 10th, 2011, 01:52 PM
My fella has tailbone length hair and prefers women with long hair, the longer the better. He'd be very upset if I ever cut mine (almost classic), then again I'd be very upset if he cut his.

AlleyKitten
July 10th, 2011, 05:33 PM
DH has waist-length-y hair (today he asked me to do a cage braid on his hair after he saw me watching Torrin's video tutorial) and he likes my hair long.

Zesty
July 10th, 2011, 05:51 PM
This just reminds me of my friend who's been dating her boyfriend for around four years. He has long (maybe MBL, and he's very tall) dark blond hair. For a long time she had MBL blond hair too, but she recently cut it back to APL. From what I understand he assures her that he thinks she's gorgeous and wonderful no matter what her hair length. But it was funny because for a while she was competing with him, trying to grow her hair out longer than his. XD

paintedhorse
August 22nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
my husband has very short hair (he was in the military so a high and tight) but he loves my long hair he says im not aloud to cut it lol he fallows up my saying that of course its your hair and il love any hair cut you get but i really love your long hair so not cut lol

Unofficial_Rose
August 22nd, 2011, 12:19 PM
I think this is what I had in mind in my earlier post:

"First, be wary of women with long hair. One of the most unexpected things I discovered was that men nearly always cheat with women who have longer hair than their wives."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-husbands.html

Ah, the sweet wisdom of the Daily Mail :p

ladonna
August 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
My DH prefer's long hair and consider's BSL short. He was not happy that I chopped mine and my 2 daughter's hair off, he even want's our son to have long hair! :)

ladylovecraft
August 22nd, 2011, 12:34 PM

Oh how I hope this is true for most long-haired men... I'm really only attracted to long-haired boys and it was rather depressing when my ex preferred short hair on women. I'm sorry but I just don't get it at all!

Lady Malys
August 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
DBF has much longer hair than I do and he prefers long hair on women. When we met, my hair was chin length but I started to let it grow with his encouragement. It feels odd for me to be so jealous of my significant other's hair :D

Rusticular
August 22nd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Now, we're growing our hair out together. We're looking forward to being the weird hippies everyone stares at in the grocery store (We both wear odd, unique charite-shop piercings, he likes to do funky things with his facial hair, I have facial piercings, and I'm pretty sure both of us with butt length hair would just take the biscuit).

The only sight I love more than an individual with long hair when I'm out walking through the city, is a couple both with long hair. :} THE MORE THE MERRIER!

And I totally understand the long-hair/facial piercing thing; totally draws attention, even when that's not the intention, haha.

Jeno86
August 23rd, 2011, 07:03 PM
My boyfriend, who has hair longer than me, loves long hair. I told him once that I did like my hair at chin length but end up missing long hair so I keep it long. He gave me this horrified look "you're not allowed to cut your hair that short again!" Jokingly of course but it makes me happy to hear ^_^

drquartz1970
August 24th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Longer hair on women looks good, however hypothetically I'd rather be with a lady with a sweet and beautiful personality with short hair then one with a nasty personality with longer hair. But personally I do prefer women with longer hair but it isn't the most important thing. It's what is inside a person that truly counts.

IanB
August 24th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Yes! but then again, short hair can be nice - but long hair ahhh!

Sunsailing
August 24th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Yes, I do much prefer long hair on ladies.

My have had very, very short hair when we met. Her eyes and warm personality is what attracted me. She did grow out her hair into the most beautiful curls, but has kept it shoulder length since our son was born.
I miss the long curls!!!

scotty810
August 24th, 2011, 09:31 PM
female hair length is much less of an issue for guys.

I think most prefer some length, but ultimately they aren't going to not date a girl if she doesn't have long hair and they like her.

whereas there's plenty of females who will straight up not even date a guy if he has long hair, or facial hair.

laurarvt
August 24th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Myu hubby prefers long......

Pantha
August 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM
female hair length is much less of an issue for guys.

I think most prefer some length, but ultimately they aren't going to not date a girl if she doesn't have long hair and they like her.

whereas there's plenty of females who will straight up not even date a guy if he has long hair, or facial hair.

There are some girls who would straight up not date a guy if he had short hair too :p

DiablitaNoir
August 29th, 2011, 04:54 PM
My boyfriend has superlong hair too, about down to the hip. He likes my hair (which is about as long as his or close to it) and seems to prefer long hair, but I never really talked to him about hair length preferences. :p I do wish my hair would hurry up and grow to classic, though...I hate feeling so competitive with him over our hair lengths and I want to be the one with longer hair, dammit!

purple dust
August 30th, 2011, 04:02 AM

This is exactly how I feel

purple dust
August 30th, 2011, 04:20 AM
On a side note, it's nice to get to know the LHC men in here!

Alacris~
August 30th, 2011, 04:27 AM
My long haired bf (his hair is below his waist) likes woman with long hair! He doesn't like it to be extremely long though. Tbl is already to extreme for his taste, but above shoulder is a no go for him! He kinda likes the hair of a woman around/above their waistline.

keepmyhair
August 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I like long hair on a lady... There is something about long hair that adds to the beauty of a lady.

However, I must add - if she had short hair, that too would be fine with me.

celebriangel
August 30th, 2011, 12:20 PM
My DBF is someone whose attraction to someone's personality and mind/intelligence/conversation he finds infinitely more important than the way they look - which is to say he looks for other traits first, and appearance second.

However, he adores long hair, on himself and on others, and he nearly fell over with lust when I mentioned growing my hair to my knees...:D

akhkharu
August 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM
My boyfriend has waist-length blond hair and he definitely likes long hair on women. I don't think he would like it if I cut my hair very short, but that's fine because I don't think I'll ever do that. I have dated other guys with long hair too, and all of them seemed to like long hair on women.

wooliswonderful
August 30th, 2011, 12:42 PM
When we were first together my husband would joke that he wouldn't date a woman with hair shorter than his. His was mid-back.

david
August 30th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Well I'm a guy and I like women with long hair, I mean I have to find someone with at least the same length as me or longer.lol :)

Diesel Tech
August 30th, 2011, 04:44 PM
As a guy, yes I do prefer women with long hair. Personally I don't care if her hair is longer than mine or not.

alexandros22
September 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
I'm a guy and i think very long hair on women is sexy!

dudbarbu
September 6th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Yes, I like long hair on both sexes

celebriangel
September 6th, 2011, 12:40 PM
It's funny, I went around observing some couples, and I see a lot of short hair/short hair couples and long hair/long hair couples - and not so many short hair/long hair couples.

Birds of a feather flock together, I guess. And there have been studies done to suggest that we are attracted to people who look somewhat - but not too much - like ourselves.

SilverMcFly17
September 6th, 2011, 12:49 PM
My DH loves long hair. He would probably cry if I cut it.

As far as the birds of a feather... There's truth to that in my house. He is a short hair now, I keep pestering him to grow it back out. But it's very coarse and wavy so it would be awkward for a long time. 10 years or so ago his was midback. He still has the pony tail. It's amazing.

His dad is a long hair too and he doesn't really take care of it. It drives me bananas!!! I just want to S&D and oil it. haha

Ithonna
September 6th, 2011, 04:51 PM
All of my ex's loved/love long hair on women, all of my brothers prefer long hair on their women.

I personally love long hair on women. Or anyone actually. I think it says a lot about the person. Because having BSL+ hair takes time, patience and dedication. More of each if the hair is healthy.
On my men, I can sacrifice long hair BUT I WILL NOT SACRIFICE FACIAL HAIR, I guess it was just the way I was raised.

Wally
September 7th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Yes. Always have. Even when my hair was short.

PF Graham
October 15th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I know I do - moz def!

xoxophelia
October 15th, 2011, 07:19 PM
So many of you I thought were women o.o

SilentGuardian
October 15th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Well, I asked my brother, he prefers longer hair on women. I'm sure my other brother feels the same way.

I'm a women, and I prefer longer hair on women as well. Men too. I just love seeing long, healthy hair.

MaryRose
October 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
My DH has short hair do to the military, but he prefers longer hair on women.

Rowan1980
October 15th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Back in the day, almost all the guys I dated had long hair. My DW has long hair--longer and thicker than mine, even! :)

Rowan1980
October 15th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I should say 'almost all the people I dated.' I think there were two guys who didn't have long hair.

Grillz
October 15th, 2011, 08:35 PM
My husband and I started dating back when my hair was chin length and I would flip all the ends of all my layers out. He still remembers that cut fondly. However, when I went to France for a semester in college and surprised everyone upon my return with chin length hair (from BSL), he was not too impressed lol. I think I turned him off to short hair with that cut.. whoops! :doh: In reality, he's happy as long with whatever I want. :)

On another note, there are a lot of long hair/long hair couples and I can't help but wonder... what's your shower drain situation like? lol! :o I brush or comb my hair before and during my shower so I don't really clog the drain or anything, but I do tend to find random long hairs stuck to the shower curtain or walls lol. I was just wondering what it was like with so many long hairs in the family.

MrsGuther
October 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I would prefer if my partner had long hair. However, he is a Marine and that's not possible. So, it's either long hair or bald in my case. No seriously... he shaves his head. For most Marines, it's easier.

I've seen pictures of him prior to the Marine Corps though... he had mid-back length dark blond curls.

My husband is in the Marine Corps too! He wishes he could grow his hair long, but that's not an option because of work. :) Glad to see there is a fellow Marine Wife on here! lol

Rowan1980
October 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
On another note, there are a lot of long hair/long hair couples and I can't help but wonder... what's your shower drain situation like? lol! :o I brush or comb my hair before and during my shower so I don't really clog the drain or anything, but I do tend to find random long hairs stuck to the shower curtain or walls lol. I was just wondering what it was like with so many long hairs in the family.

It looks like a tribble in our shower drain. Thank the Gods for drain covers! :D

KwaveT
October 15th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I personally prefer long hair on women and I think many man do also. It is the reverse where that is rarely the case and that really is a shame. Many women can't stand the idea of long hair on man.

Monkey962
October 15th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Do Long haired men like women with long hair?

I do, yeah.

Amarante
October 16th, 2011, 01:12 AM
So many of you I thought were women o.o

Me too!

Very nice to see that we have so many male long hairs here. :D

My brothers both prefer long hair on women, but they both have short hair themselves.

Misty'sMess
October 16th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Very elegantly put

Sookie
October 16th, 2011, 04:17 AM
My brother likes girls with shoulder length hair.

Most of the men i have asked prefer long hair, because it's femine.

Mike
October 16th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Absolutely

redmj
October 16th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Thank you. I have kinda been wondering some things but what you said clarified umm things. Sorry about the redundancy. Anyway, I have always wondered why even though I hear men prefer women with long hair all the ones I know only date women with shortish hair. My brother, for example, always talked about how nice and healthy my hair was and how he loves long hair and all of his girlfriends (yes, there have been quite a few) had hair no longer than shoulder. I just don't get it.

PF Graham
October 16th, 2011, 01:48 PM

I answered somewhat glibly, but your response is dead on - I agree with everything you said.

Well put!

Alun
October 16th, 2011, 02:15 PM
My husband and I started dating back when my hair was chin length and I would flip all the ends of all my layers out. He still remembers that cut fondly. However, when I went to France for a semester in college and surprised everyone upon my return with chin length hair (from BSL), he was not too impressed lol. I think I turned him off to short hair with that cut.. whoops! :doh: In reality, he's happy as long with whatever I want. :)

The shower drain situation can get expensive. One time the plumber had to cut out a section of the pipe with a saw! We aren't just a long haired couple, though, we are a long haired family, including a teenaged son and daughter. We all have long hair.