PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary, how did that happen so fast?

cm006j
May 4th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I am in serious shock to realize that I have been here for a year. I only noticed because I took a length shot today and went looking back through length shots to compare. My first length shot was posted May 2010. Wait, isn't it still 2010? May 2010 can't possibly be more than four or so months back, right?

Yikes.

So, hair pictures, which is why you're all here!

First started, 25 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5998&pictureid=78369

Today, 33 inches with the very tips
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5998&pictureid=101959

I averaged 0.6 inch/month, so pretty standard.

I started out doing lots of things, like Monistat, oiling, satin pillowcase, etc. Once my hair got to just above waist I felt more relaxed about it, since it was finally starting to feel long again. I relaxed into what worked for me. I wash about once a week or less (sometimes every two weeks). I often use baking soda instead of shampoo, but use lots of conditioner.

I color with henna, though the red was starting to look strange against the black length, so I chemically colored again last week after a year of no chemical coloring. Not sure how I'll handle it moving forward, I absolutely hate my grays.

I have a satin pillowcase still, which I use most of the time because it's there. I've been learning and trying out lots of new hair styles and looking for favorites.

I passed another fantastic milestone this year. My hair is currently the longest it has ever been. I had grown to waist before, but always cut back. I'm about an inch or two past where I've ever grown before.

I haven't cut in over three years, not even a trim. I still don't plan to trim until maybe around classic. My goal is at least classic, maybe knee, and I'd be tempted to see if I could get it to ankle.

christine1989
May 4th, 2011, 05:40 PM
That is some shocking growth for only 1 year! It looks fantastic. :)

jasper
May 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Happy hair-iversary

Nae
May 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Whoa.

The way you are going you are going to be to your goal hair in no time!!! Wowzers!

jojo
May 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Fantastic growth and great hair!

WaitingSoLong
May 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Great growth! I went years with no trimming, etc. Once I hit about waist length, the trims becamse necessary. I only took bare minimum off and the ends were just so much older than the rest they split. I never had splits really before about hip (waist and hip are not that far apart on me). I hope your hair is stronger. I think darker colors tend to be.

Hotrox
May 4th, 2011, 08:13 PM
cm006j Astounding growth, and it looks great :D I can't believe how healthy the ends look considering you haven't trimmed for 3 years, you must have superhair!

racrane
May 4th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Your hair is so healthy and beautiful. Congratulations!

Loreley
May 5th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Wow, it is so much longer! Congratulations! :D

Ishje
May 5th, 2011, 12:36 AM
that is amazing growth! it looks great!

pepperminttea
May 5th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Cripes, that's some growth! Congratulations! :)

Avital88
May 5th, 2011, 01:16 AM
That is some serious good growth! congratulations and happy growing!

Monsterkitti
May 5th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Great growth for a year, congrats!

Dragon
May 5th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Great growth, congrats :)

Yozhik
May 5th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! :)

That is some impressive growth. Also, yay for reaching a hair length longer than all previous hair lengths you've had! :D
(I got this, too, at waist, a few months ago -- it feels pretty great :cheese:)

alwayssmiling
May 5th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Wow. Amazing growth in just a year. I really like to see everyones progress - it keeps me going!

Fufu
May 5th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Wonderful growth :) Beautiful hair as well ^_^

bunzfan
May 5th, 2011, 03:33 AM
OMG i seriously did a double take, so come on what did you do to get growth like that? did you wear it up most of the time. Anyway your hair is:thudpile:

Qadupae
May 5th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Awesome hair growth and congrats on your anniversary!

cm006j
May 5th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks, everyone! :)

I'm really lucky with my hair. It's naturally thick and strong and I've never seen any split ends.

I'll have to start watching out for them now, since my hair is in uncharted territory for me.

The blessing of thick, hearty hair is of course that I have a lot of unwanted hair! It used to be my curse because I got teased in school for my unibrow and mustache. I am happy that I learned to deal with those side effects because I love my hair!

freckles
May 5th, 2011, 06:37 AM
wow. Your growth may only be a little over average, but with you managing to retain all of it, it LOOKS super fast! Congratulations!

cm006j
May 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
If I had known when I started that it would take a year to get to waist, it would have discouraged me!

I would think that would feel like forever, then the year just flew by and here I am. I can't wait to see what will happen next May! lol.