PDA

View Full Version : Growing out a pixie cut

breeanna92
May 4th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Well i cut my hair to a pixie because i wanted to start over with virgin hair and well i had just highlighted it a week before i cut it so it didnt have any regrowth..... so i pretty much still have the bleached hair but shorter, but i was wondering it i could just cut off all that damaged hair when i get to a resonable length, because i really want natural hair again but don't really want to cut it any shorter than it is now!! what do you guys think i should do???:(

spidermom
May 4th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I had a trim about every 6-8 weeks while growing out a pixie. If what you really want is virgin hair, you should go ahead and cut out the highlighting sooner rather than later, I think. Of course I've seen plenty of people do that, then decide their hair color was too blah, and leap right into highlighting again, or dye, or henna.

breeanna92
May 4th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I had a trim about every 6-8 weeks while growing out a pixie. If what you really want is virgin hair, you should go ahead and cut out the highlighting sooner rather than later, I think. Of course I've seen plenty of people do that, then decide their hair color was too blah, and leap right into highlighting again, or dye, or henna.
yeah! lol ...i think ill just wait :)

dulce
May 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I had a pixie 3 years ago,1 was dyeing it brown to cover gray.I grew it out to my shoulders ,then stopped colouring it at that length.I let it grew a few more months but as the rootline grew out more, it was silvery and my previously coloured hair turned sort of brassy.Therefore ,I now had a sharply defined rootline,which was not pretty!I didn't want to cut,so to blend the more brassy previously coloured hair and the three to four inch silvery roots ,I had light thin streaks put in twice over the next while.It did a great job of hiding the sharply defined rootline,and after that I just kept growing it.Over time it has all blended well together ,I think.You can see my public album to judge for yourself.If you want to cut you can ,but you don't really need to.It all depends on how much you want to keep your length.You have a choice.

kwaniesiam
May 4th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I'd do several small trims rather than one big cut when your color grows out. Pixies tend to be awkward to grow out anyway so you'll probably want to get it shaped up a bit here and there anyway.

dulce
May 4th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I no longer colour my hair and enjoy the grays coming in,and over time once I reach my hair goal length, I will slowly cut off my dyed ends every few months.In three years ,I should be all natural without sacficing my length.Most people seem to feel the need to cut off all the dyed bits then start afresh growing it.For me,that would take too long and I'm too impatient.