PDA

View Full Version : my skin color has changed, will my hair?

PamelaViktoria
May 4th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hi everyone. I have now compared my skin in pictures after 9 weeks raw. My color is more tanned, pores smaller. I am so excited to think my hair color will become more rich. I would love to not have to highlight anymore. But do you think it might darken like my skin?

Quezie
May 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Why did your skin colour change?

PamelaViktoria
May 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Oh sorry. I am recovering from chronic fatigue, so I am on the raw food diet. I was told that my skin will look tanned, my hair will thicken and possibly go back to my childhood color, and my eye color may brighten. It just occured to my that my hair color may darken, and I really don't want that!

jojo
May 4th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Oh I read something about eating raw foods and darker hair. Is that your natural colour?

DoubleCrowned
May 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Funny, I read that raw food diet lightens hair to childhood color. I have a couple of raw foods friends I will ask.

pixistixx
May 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I ate raw food exclusively for 3 years, and had no hair color change. I still eat mostly raw with some cooked veggies and beans. the tanned color is usually due to eating a lot of carotene, such as dark leafy greens, and orange fruits and vegetables. I have some of this on my face and hands, but hasn't done anything different to my hair

Firefox7275
May 5th, 2011, 07:52 AM
:D It's great you are seeing the difference, I hope healthy eating works for your chronic fatigue!

My skin improves noticeably when I clean up my diet - I don't do raw just optimum nutrition. Some of it is down to being better hydrated, some to vitamins/ minerals, some to healthier digestive system, some to changing the balance of fats in the diet. First time around the ridges in my nails and keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) vanished, I thought they were a normal part of being female! :p

DoubleCrowned
May 5th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I checked with my 3 raw food friends. None of them saw a difference in the color of hair or skin. The male who has been of raw food for 14 years is getting a little bald, though... Don't worry. It's male pattern baldness. All the males in his family have it.

Maybe the changes you see are more because your eyes and skin were dull from chronic fatigue, and you are getting healthier.

Lianna
May 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I heard grey/white hair can have the natural color back. I wouldn't know if someone that was blonde as a kid and now has darker blonde or brown hair would have blonde hair again. Wouldn't everyone who highlights do that? :D