PDA

View Full Version : Please help Dulce

Toadstool
May 4th, 2011, 02:21 PM
This is what Dulce posted in desperation in the Renegrays thread. I have asked her permission to repost it here in the hope that one of the mods/admins can help her. Thank you.

Thank you to those of you who have sent me messages or friend requests,unfortunately 1 have not been able to reply.When 1 send messages or comments , 1 keep getting a message square back saying that it is too short and must be over ten characters. even if it is over ten characters.1also am not able to post in my album or add comments in other people's albums.1 cannot post a help question about this in the support site due to this same problem.1 feel bad 1 cannot reply to you properly .For some reason the only place 1 can post is adding comments to the forum threads ,yet 1 am unable to start a new thread.1 realize this is not the right place to post this but couldn't figure out where else to post this problem.1 appreciate your messages and comments,1 just wish 1 could figure out a way to reply!1 am new at computers .Several of you that contacted me are Renegrays so !thought you would see my message here.

LeaM07
May 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Dulce, are you using IE9, by chance? Spidermom (and some others) had the same problem recently (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68435), and Coriander recommended this, which is working for her and the others:

I have just upgraded to IE9 and I was having those FRUSTRATING issues yesterday. I went onto Firefox and everything worked fine. I came back to Internet Explorer, and hit the "Compatibility View" thingie at the top near the address bar (it looks like a piece of paper torn in half).

Give this a try (if you're using IE9) and let us know if it works! :)

Toadstool
May 5th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Dulce, are you using IE9, by chance? Spidermom (and some others) had the same problem recently (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68435), and Coriander recommended this, which is working for her and the others:

Give this a try (if you're using IE9) and let us know if it works! :)

And let the Renegrays know if it doesn't work, and we'll pass it on :)
Thanks LeaM07

spidermom
May 5th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I started copying my posts before hitting "post quick reply". When it didn't accept my post, I simply re-entered it with Cntrl-V, and it always accepted the post the second time.

I haven't had this problem in the past couple of weeks, though.

BrightEyes7
May 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I was having this problem too! It was bugging me and I just tried to post a new thread like 5 times trying to get an answer and I saw this one! :)

I was able to do quick replies but not advanced replies or visitor messages.

This one is a test so hopefully it works!!

Thanks for posting this!! I was losing my mind!!!! :poot:

miss legs
June 8th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Hi I got the same problem all the time.What does IE9 means.And who to contact to recify or for help.I cannot start a new tread...the ten character thing...I am so tired of trying

Belisarius
June 8th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hi I got the same problem all the time.What does IE9 means.And who to contact to recify or for help.I cannot start a new tread...the ten character thing...I am so tired of trying
Internet explorer version 9. The latest version of it. Try hitting that option or switching to mozilla firefox or google chrome.