PDA

View Full Version : This bang cut is excellent. Anyone tell us how to cut it?

yoknickfalan
May 4th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Hi all! I'm new here and I'm glad to be accepted.

This is a Turkish actress.
http://tinyurl.com/3obu2u6
http://tinyurl.com/3qqo54z
Do you know what is this type of bangs named?

The most confusing part is the hair sectioning process. The one thing I am sure is that I don't want to go over the outer corner of my eyes otherwise it would add extra weight to my already wide face. So my question, how deep should the highest point of triangle be from the hairline? 1 inch or more?

As to cutting, it looks less confusing than sectioning to me. But I'd appreciate your advises on the cutting technique as well.

I'm willing to read your replies. :) Thanks
[/SIZE]

jojo
May 4th, 2011, 07:32 AM
You first need to determine how thick you want your fringe and comb that bit forward and pony the rest. Then bring whats going to be your new fringe into a little pony where the elastic is pulled down to your nose tip. Then twist this piece and trim above the elastic. your fringe will then be nose length.

First gather the middle section of your fringe and hold it between you your first and second finger, holding it tight but not pulling and first trim to 1/2" longer than you want your fringe and repeat on the outter sides to3/4" longer.

Then gather your middle section holding again between the first and second finger, but this time curl it slightly up and snip into the hair NOT across. Then gather one of the side bits and bring it so its in line with your nose, hold the same curling it slightly up and again snip into the hair, repeat on the other side. and your done!

remember to only cut a fringe on dry hair too! if your fringe is still too long, continue cutting into the hair as above until you have the desired effect!

yoknickfalan
May 4th, 2011, 08:01 AM
You first need to determine how thick you want your fringe and comb that bit forward and pony the rest. Then bring whats going to be your new fringe into a little pony where the elastic is pulled down to your nose tip. Then twist this piece and trim above the elastic. your fringe will then be nose length.

First gather the middle section of your fringe and hold it between you your first and second finger, holding it tight but not pulling and first trim to 1/2" longer than you want your fringe and repeat on the outter sides to3/4" longer.

Then gather your middle section holding again between the first and second finger, but this time curl it slightly up and snip into the hair NOT across. Then gather one of the side bits and bring it so its in line with your nose, hold the same curling it slightly up and again snip into the hair, repeat on the other side. and your done!

remember to only cut a fringe on dry hair too! if your fringe is still too long, continue cutting into the hair as above until you have the desired effect!

Thank you so much. How far from the hairline should I begin to cut?

jojo
May 4th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I do a parting from approx ear lobe to the other ear and then pony it back! just determine how thick you want it and part side ways accordingly on your hair, hope that makes sense. I should do a video next time i trim mine as I am rubbish at explaining stuff!

alwayssmiling
May 4th, 2011, 01:18 PM
If it were me cutting that fringe I would find a triangle starting from where you want the fringe to start. The fringe you like isn't taken very far back but is fairly wide. Section and cut in 3 sections (like jojo said) I cut into the fringe on an angle starting from left to right though the middle section I cut straight (chipping in gives a nice natural look). This gives me a nice curved shape. Best to keep these fringes a little longer and style them with a round brush and dryer - you can always cut shorter if it annoys you.

It is hard to describe - maybe youtube will have something for you to watch.

yoknickfalan
May 5th, 2011, 03:04 AM
I've watched every tutorial on the net. Not all of them, but so many girls cut bangs too thick which is so wrong in my opinion unless they have an overall emo style to support that hair.

http://tinyurl.com/6e9427g

Same girl but I think she has fuller and wider bangs in this picture. Right?

Firefox7275
May 5th, 2011, 08:57 AM
If you are not confident of hair styling I would get someone else to cut you some bangs in, preferably a hairdresser. If not then just cut a really small amount and then add hair if you want it thicker or cut it shorter if necessary, don't try to cut the whole fringe to the desired length in one hit.

If you still want to go ahead make sure you have some sharp hairdressing scissors and maybe consider a Creaclip (http://www.creaclip.com/). There is a thread on this product which says you can get an imported version super cheap from eBay. I can cut my own fringe straight across but find trying to get both sides to taper down into the rest of the hair impossible as your dominant hand make it really awkward doing the same side.

FoxRain
May 5th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrM8JQR3sUE&feature=related

She is a member here. Go about 1.50 into the video. I'm not sure if that's the kind of bang you're looking for, otherwise I suggest going to a hairdresser.