PDA

View Full Version : My hair growth and getting a cut tomorrow

terrylillyd
May 4th, 2011, 02:15 AM
I have had a lot of growth since November, but I'm not loving my hair right now. :( I just washed it after having coconut oil in it, and I CO washed it using the coconut Suave Naturals. My hair looks so much better when I had cellophane put in it every few 3 months or so. But it made my hair break so I will not use it anymore. Now it looks frizzy to me. Maybe I need to oil it and deep condition it more. Well I'm getting some cut tomorrow so I will see how it looks....

http://macc.coop/growth.jpg

Toadstool
May 4th, 2011, 02:35 AM
You have very lovely hair. I'm wondering, would it dry smoother if you used cones?

Fufu
May 4th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Your hair is beautiful. Oiling and deep condition helps..

terrylillyd
May 4th, 2011, 02:45 AM
You have very lovely hair. I'm wondering, would it dry smoother if you used cones?
Thank you Toadstool. I'm not sure about using the cones, I'm a little afraid of cones because of all the negative information I have read about build up. It's something to think about though thanks...

Eolan
May 4th, 2011, 02:48 AM
I like your hair! I take it you have bleached it? If so, I think it needs alot of moisture and possibly some protein treatments. Sorry you are not liking it, I know how that feels!

terrylillyd
May 4th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I like your hair! I take it you have bleached it? If so, I think it needs alot of moisture and possibly some protein treatments. Sorry you are not liking it, I know how that feels!
Thanks Eolan. I had highlights put in my hair, but my hair is already a sandy blonde so it doesn't take very much to be blonder. So I am not sure if that is bleaching? I think I'll try some protein treatments, thanks.

`l)rea
May 4th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Your hair looks a lot like mine. Same length and everything. I typically have frizzy ends as well. But I've noticed my ends look much smoother if I twirl my clean, damp hair into a sleeping cap and let it dry undisturbed. I usually sleep on my hair like this and when I wake up, I take it out and it falls straight with slightly curled ends. I like the result. I've also started oiling once a week, alternating an with an egg mask once a week. Cutting down on my washing has also cut back on the frizz. I try to stretch my washes out to three days.

terrylillyd
May 4th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Mair hair looks a little better today once I slept on it.....
I am going now to get 2 inches cut off. I am also going to pick up some "Garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner Triple Nutrition for Dry or Damaged hair". I'll post some pics later after I EVOO, use the Garnier and with my cut :D

http://www.macc.coop/Photo1744small.jpg

racrane
May 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Your hair is gorgeous. I just wanted to tell you that. No matter what length, it's beautiful. :)

Kwongdzu
May 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Your hair is beautiful :)

As far as cones go, I remember reading that some fine-hairs sometimes use a coney conditioner just on the length, but not on the scalp. You could also give this a try-

ChatNoir
May 4th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I'm the same hair type as you (though a lot shorter) and I use cones. It works wonders for my hair and it's always silky smooth. The build up is not a problem as long as you don't use condish on your scalp, only on the length. It's worth a shot! :)

WaitingSoLong
May 4th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hello! We are hair twins? growing our highlights and everything only mine were self-inflicted with sun-in. I liked it, just not something I decided to maintain.

I have the same fuzzy issue. I have relented and gone back to cones. I do the "below ears" only thing. My hair looked its best before I really started applying a lot of the LHC chemical (or anti-chemical) advice. I have almost completely given up coconut oil after trying several other oils as well. My hair likes the CO for softness, but I get terrible build up from it and no shine, no froizz taming effects for me) Even the poo I was using a long time just doesn't seem to be working well anymore (50/50).

I wouldn't advise going back to the highlights but you may want to return to your previous (pre-LHC) poo/conditioning routine for awhile.

I will confess something...many here know I am/was a huge Pantene fan. Used it for years. Not only did I use Pantene, but I used the shampoo + conditioner in one followed by the conditioner and then as a leave in if I felt I needed it. My hair was never so as unruly as it is now, but then, it was never as long as it is now. Afterall, I came to LHC inthe first place to deal with the changing needs of having longer than average hair. (gee, I am starting to feel like I am at an AA meeting lol....I, WaitingSoLong, am a cone-aholic).

Anyway, I recently bought Pantene Classic conditioner. I have only used it twice (as a leave in) and have no results to report yet. But then I wondered if it is actually the shampoo my hair loved afterall. So today I bought the matching shampoo, you guess it, with conditioner in it. I haven't used it yet. Pantene has changed their poos so much I had quit using them altogether. I have been told the Classic line is not REALLY their classic poo, but I have not been able to find a replacement since that fateful day when I went to the store to see ALL the Pantene products were ruined...I mean...changed.

Enter Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition. I have to say, this is the very best no-cone conditioner bar NONE. I have tried many. And yes, I use sulfates, but only diluted so far. As of now, I am still using this with Panetene as a leave in on the length only.

Here is what I am telling myself: the Pantene S&C in one is basically like doing the first two steps of a CWC. Yes there are cones and YES they get on my scalp and YES I had to clarify every 10th wash or so. So what, that is not that often since I only wash once or twice a week anyway.

One last thing, GF has a serum I like. It is their anti-frizz serum in the little green pump bottle. Sleek and Shine I think. Smells like heaven and temporarily tames those frizzies. One squirt is too much for my hair, so I try to just do half a squirt. It took me almost a year to go through the first bottle and I used it today because my ponytail would not behave. It does not help much with scalp frizzes (which I seem to have large amounts of nowadays, about 3-4" hairs that have minds of their own creating not just a halo, but a twisted, horrid, post-motorcycle kidn of look. For that I have resorted to hairspray. SIGH.)

Know what? Sometimes you just have to go back to where you know it was right and start over.

And sometimes your hair likes one thing for awhile and then "changes its mind". My hair did lovely on the 50/50 for a really long time. Now, it just doesn't seem to be right anymore. Unfortunately, I think I have come to the conclusion that I can never ever have one set routine that works for my hair all the time. Thanks, Pantene, for ruining my world.

Capybara
May 4th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Excellent post, WaitingSoLong!

To the op - you've got my dream hair! A trim may be just the thing to make you feel better about it, though I think it's lovely as is.

terrylillyd
May 4th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Know what? Sometimes you just have to go back to where you know it was right and start over.

And sometimes your hair likes one thing for awhile and then "changes its mind". My hair did lovely on the 50/50 for a really long time. Now, it just doesn't seem to be right anymore. Unfortunately, I think I have come to the conclusion that I can never ever have one set routine that works for my hair all the time. Thanks, Pantene, for ruining my world.

Thanks for sharing so much WaitingSoLong! Lol your too funny, AA meeting for cones :D

I think your so right about something working right for your hair for awhile and then your hair "changes it's mind". That is so frustrating! Now I'm trying to figure out what my hair wants now. Although the cut did seem to help today. But..... it was someone new who did my hair today, and she did NOT mach up my roots with the rest of my hair. Now I have 3 inches of hair that does not match the rest! :mad: I should have listened to DBF and stayed with his cousin to do my hair. Which he always did a nice job.

princess03
May 5th, 2011, 12:47 AM
I was not loving my hair either and I tried clarifying shampoo and ACV but was still not satisfied... my hair dried stiff and wasn't pretty. Then I used Aussie 3 Minute Miracle ($3) and I loved it! Before my hair is fully dried I apply very little coconut oil...Well /i'm a wurly but maybe it can work for you...

good luck! :)

Firefox7275
May 5th, 2011, 09:10 AM
My hair is badly damaged, mostly mechanical but also colour. I've recently switched from a coney leave in to using Triple Nutrition as a leave in conditioner. You can leave some conditioner in by just not rinsing the lengths thoroughly, applying the cream neat or applying diluted. It does go a little sticky as it's drying but once completely dry (sometimes overnight for me) my hair is definitely less fluffy. I also find combing gives less static than brushing.