PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this waist?

Kristamommyx3
May 3rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
I personally think I have about three inches to go to where I consider waist, but what do you all think? What would you call it?

(please use my album as I am still a newbie and can't seem to post anything but code so far XD )

mustpannkook
May 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
You can put up the picture if you put the address in .

I'd say a month or two and you'd be there.

growingpains
May 3rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
It's super hard to tell from the album pics. You're very close at any rate, possibly grazing the start of your waist. I agree, another month or so and you can solidly say "I call this waist". :)

Your hair is awesome. Happy growing.

christine1989
May 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
You can put up the picture if you put the address in .

I'd say a month or two and you'd be there.

This might sound like an obvious question (especially since I've been here over a year) but exactly where is the address to be found? People say that you need the URL but I have no idea where to find the URL :confused:.

And to the OP; I think it is safe to say waist at this point :cheer:. It might be a smidge away from waist (no more than an inch) if you want to be really technical about it.

Dragon
May 3rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
You look very close to waist. Maybe in a month or two.

dulce
May 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
It looks like it is very close,you should be at that length very soon.

MeganE
May 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
This might sound like an obvious question (especially since I've been here over a year) but exactly where is the address to be found? People say that you need the URL but I have no idea where to find the URL :confused:.

And to the OP; I think it is safe to say waist at this point :cheer:. It might be a smidge away from waist (no more than an inch) if you want to be really technical about it.

You'd have to host it online first. You can pull the URL from the address bar when you're viewing your photo in your album, or you can host it on imageshack or photobucket and use the codes there.

Kristamommyx3
May 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
I think all of this time when I thought I was going for waist, I really wanted tailbone. Hehe. I guess that's what I'll be aiming for!

Kristamommyx3
May 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Lol yes, I want to be technical, so I refuse to count it until there is no doubt. XD

pepperminttea
May 3rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
Nearly there, about two inches. :)

Right click on the image you want to post, and select 'View Image'. That will give you the URL. :) (It might be a bit different in IE or Chrome, but that's what it is in Firefox.)

mustpannkook
May 3rd, 2011, 10:26 PM

Well, MeganE pretty much said it but you have to upload your picture to some page (imageshack, tinypic) etc. and then copy the url it gives you. Then you put it in the brackets. If you want to use some random pic, then just choose your picture, copy the url (the link you are viewing at the picture, it usually ends with .jpg or .png).

Mesmerise
May 3rd, 2011, 11:17 PM
I would say you have 1" to maybe 1.5" to go before you're at a solid waist. Very close!!

Avital88
May 3rd, 2011, 11:29 PM
Right now its midback. Your hemline is lovely but you do need1.5 to 2 inches to be at solid waist. Hopefully summer is good for you and will give you a growthspurt so you'll be at waist in no time!

xoxophelia
May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 PM
I'll have to agree with the others. If you want to get a photo you can trust in the future you should get one taken by somebody else so it isn't from above. That alone can really throw things off. You could also measure waist length and figure it out that way more or less.

CoilyCurlyME
May 4th, 2011, 01:37 AM
It look like it's very close to reach waist length.

freckles
May 4th, 2011, 02:45 AM
I don't think it's quite there yet. Soon! :)

skyblue
May 4th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Almost there! Just another inch or so! ;)

Mesmerise
May 4th, 2011, 03:00 AM
I'll have to agree with the others. If you want to get a photo you can trust in the future you should get one taken by somebody else so it isn't from above. That alone can really throw things off. You could also measure waist length and figure it out that way more or less.

My best way at this length is to sort of do it with my fingers... I just work out where waist is and get the distance between the end of my hair and my waist with thumb and finger and get a rough sort of idea how far it is to go. This isn't 100% accurate, but probably more so than taking a picture and having people guess how far :D It's really hard to get a proper idea of distance in a pic, and it seems that what appears to be 1" to one person will be 2" to someone else!

torrilin
May 4th, 2011, 05:50 AM
What I decided to do is use my elbows, since hair can get caught there once it is long enough, and elbows are pretty close to LHC style waist. My hair is able to touch the inside of my elbow no matter how I stand, and it gets caught between my elbow and my torso. I'd guess it needs at least 4-6" more to get caught in the crease of my elbow. But it took until well into BSL for my hair to get caught in the crease of my armpit, so... that last milestone doesn't worry me much.

Yozhik
May 4th, 2011, 05:56 AM
I'd say almost -- maybe another inch. :)

Beautiful hair!

jojo
May 4th, 2011, 06:05 AM
id say your about a stop away but near as so id call it waist! woo welcome to waistlands!

Kristamommyx3
May 4th, 2011, 07:21 AM
The picture in your signature is my goal length! :)

Kristamommyx3
May 4th, 2011, 07:24 AM
That's a good idea. I had some that made it look longer, and I chose the shorter looking ones, but just having someone else do it for me sounds much more accurate. Well, it's still pretty close to accurate I guess.

Rocket22
May 4th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Getting close