PDA

View Full Version : How do I add a pic to a post?

Kristamommyx3
May 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
I don't seem to quite get how to do it yet. I tried adding an image under insert an image, but when I previewed it, the codes showed up and not the pictures? Anyone want to try and help a techie turtle? :D

Sundial
May 3rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
You can upload the pictures to a hosting site like tinypic or imageshack, etc. Once it is done uploading, you will see a series of filesharing options and their corresponding codes like "Forum" etc. It starts with [IMG] or something.

From there, you just cut and paste the code here and your picture will appear after you post your response :D hope that helps!

Kristamommyx3
May 3rd, 2011, 08:53 PM
Is that what everyone does? :agape:
Now I feel like a major knuckle dragger. lol
Thank you very much for the help, now I will try to wrap my artsy, uncomputer savvy brain around that for a while. :p

Sundial
May 3rd, 2011, 08:58 PM
LOL :p I'm not sure if that's what they do but I am an IT idiot and it took me a while of messing around before I noticed those codes and figured out which was the right one. I hope you can get it to work for you, hurry go test it out now!

dulce
May 3rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
for downloading a photo from photobucket to here,1 couldn't see "forum' code but they have several "share links"-direct link,HTML cde,IMG code..which would 1 use?IMG has been mentioned-1 am another that for the life of me can't figure this out too-

Sundial
May 3rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
for downloading a photo from photobucket to here,1 couldn't see "forum' code but they have several "share links"-direct link,HTML cde,IMG code..which would 1 use?IMG has been mentioned-1 am another that for the life of me can't figure this out too-

Yeah I had issues with that too! So I either abuse the "Edit" function here or stick to a more user-friendly image uploading website that gives straightforward sharing options

Kristamommyx3
May 3rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Will it still show up as code in the preview? That's what i'm seeing after I did the photobucket thing.

Sundial
May 3rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
I see it as code in my reply and as images after I post. Since I mostly don't preview my post, I can't tell if you are supposed to see image or code during preview. But don't worry if it still comes out as code after you post because you can still edit your post and switch in another code

Kristamommyx3
May 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Okay.....I'm gonna give it a try.......lol

Sundial
May 3rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
I see you are still having problems ;) I sent you a PM with step-by-step instructions to guide you along for uploads on tinypic.com since I don't have an account with photobucket