PDA

View Full Version : Plastic hair claws?

Kristamommyx3
May 3rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
Are they safe for hair, as in protects against damage etc.? Just wondering, because they are so convenient. :)

amaiaisabella
May 3rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
You answer my thread, I answer yours! ;)

I think the ones with ends that curl under, rather that have pointy tips, are better, but I could be wrong. I certainly think they tear my hair less often, but YMMV.

jojo
May 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
As long as your careful taking them out, I dont see them as a problem. I use mine a lot when I have my conditioner marinating on my head, so obviously my hairs wet and at its most vulnerable and I have no problem.

dulce
May 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
! use them often-haven't got my hair tangled in them,nor have 1 noticed damage- do tend to drop them ,breaking claws ,that's just my klutziness though..

dollface
May 3rd, 2011, 08:43 PM
i use them daily and as long as i'm careful i never have problems.

Milui Elenath
May 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
So long as you avoid getting tangled in the spring at the end and are careful with the tines putting them into and onto the hair I think they are hair friendly-ish. Also make sure the tines don't have any sharp edges or seams that could rub or catch on individual hairs.

christine1989
May 3rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
I find that the cheap ones that you get at the grocery store can catch your hair in the metal part and pull your hair. As long as you are sure that yours is made of good material then it should be safe.

pepperminttea
May 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Put them around your fingers; if they feel rough to your skin, they'll be rough to your hair too.

Qadupae
May 4th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I use mine a lot when I have my conditioner marinating on my head, so obviously my hairs wet and at its most vulnerable and I have no problem.

Same here, I use them when I am doing some special treatments on my hair to keep it up and out of the way. I also use them when I am getting ready for work and need my hair out of the way for a bit. As long as your careful, you should do fine ^_^

jil
May 4th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I agree, that they are probably okay, as long as you are careful when taking them out. Personally I am too scared to use them in my hair.
I have in the past and remember my hair getting stuck in the metal-spring part. Maybe they have improved the mechanisms, or I wasn't being careful enough! :) Good luck.