PDA

View Full Version : Green tint

racrane
May 3rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
By the suggestion of some of the other members who have seen my photos, I'm starting this thread. My hair has had a green tint as of late. I do not understand as I don't swim or dye my hair in any way. The only thing I've done different is that I have switched shampoos to the VO5 brand. My hair feels very soft and great with no cones but it has this green tint. I did adapt the CWC system with great success but that can't cause a green tint, can it? It'd be great to have advice on this, you all know so much! Thank you!

spidermom
May 3rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
It's probably the lighting. Get a photo in sunshine.

I have a couple of green-tinted photos also, and I'm sure it was the light.

torrilin
May 3rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Um...

Right now we're on track for an epically bad spring. Lots of rain, most lakes and rivers are near flood stage, we STILL haven't had more than a two week stretch without snow, and sun feels rather like a mythical thing.

But yeah, when sun rolls around, try that.

What I've been doing is using custom white balance on my camera to account for the weeeeeeeird light.

racrane
May 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Hmn, I sure hope it's the light! Thank you!

pepperminttea
May 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Even if it's not sunny, outside in natural light would definitely help. :) Artificial light, even just camera flash, can make hair appear a completely different shade.

HairColoredHair
May 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Aside from lighting the only other thing I could think of would be that the city has increased the chlorine in your water supply? Or perhaps your rinsing long enough for it to take up what's there? 'course, if your water isn't chlorinated... :lol:

jojo
May 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
blonde hair can go green from chlorine in swimming pools, so this may be why if you swim. tomato ketchup or puree gets rid of it, if it is that or ever happens keep it in mind or it might just be lighting as Spidey said.

Chiara
May 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Blonde hair can also pick up green tints from copper piping (ie the pipes the feed water to your shower- check and see if there are any signs of green buildup on your shower head, or anywhere that water might hang around and drip, like around a tap). I think a chelating shampoo will looke after that.

kwaniesiam
May 3rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
Do you color your hair? Sometimes certain shades of blonde dye can fade to a greenish tint.

racrane
May 3rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
No, I don't dye my hair or swim in a pool. Anyway, I took pictures outside in the light and my hair was still greenish, to my horror. (I really hoped it was just the lighting) Anyway, I live in a college dorm hall and most of the girls are not blond. Anyway, I'm curious because it wasn't a problem last year when I lived in the dorms, but I think the water might have something to do with it. My hair is fine back home.