PDA

View Full Version : whike making updo/bun... back of the hair looks loser....help me

rathnapriya
May 3rd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Hi everyone

i know so many people will do updo and bun.... so i can get help from u people..

while making any bun/updo..... after finishing if i look at the mirror.... i can see the hair so loser at look at the back.... ie above the neck...some hair will be trying to come out.. it is spoiling the whole look ... but front is looking good... what can be done for this. to avoid it.. any tips/ technique please

i want neater look at the back as in case of front head.....

spidermom
May 3rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
I like mine messy, so no help here. But welcome and good luck!

mkmulwee
May 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
The only thing I have found to be helpful is to make a sock bun, pull hair tighter,and/or use more devices to secure the updo

pepperminttea
May 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
I have the opposite problem; my nape hairs are always too tight right after I do a bun, I have to loosen them with my fingers so they don't tug when I turn my head. I think it's because I make the initial twists too tightly, or make the loops too small (depending on the updo). What sort of updos are you doing? If a cinnabun, maybe make that first coil a little tighter? :)

jojo
May 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
I have only just mastered how to make them looser, after 4 years of doing too tight ones. They where that tight i thought id developed a new dimple in my chin; on close inspection it was my belly button!:D
any tighter and id have had a beard TMI!

I prefer the looser ones personally. Though i couldnt even explain how id done a tight one as it was unintentional.

But welcome anyway, even though I am no help whatsoever!

sweetestpoison
May 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
i prefer my buns and whatnot rather messy and don't like to pull my hair very tight, but one thing that might work is to try putting it up when it's damp with a tourmaline bristle or boar bristle brush? It helps me if i for once prefer a very neat and polished look