PDA

View Full Version : Pocahontas Hair (picsssss)

sweetestpoison
May 3rd, 2011, 03:50 AM
Yup the title's right, pocahontas hair! :)

Firstly: What length would you consider pocahonts like hair? I think the literal length would maybe be tailbone but at what point is it ok to still be considered pocahontas hair?

I would consider waist length maybe, perhaps a little shorter but definitely at least a few inches below bra strap length, at the shortest.

Secondly: How many of you out there have that beautiful long, dark, straight pocahontas hair?

And finally: Think i can make it to a considerable pocahontas length by halloween? o.O I am currently at BSL when my hair is straight, and am wanting to go as pocahontas and want to be as authentic as possible. I not only hate the idea of extensions (nothing against anybody who wears them, they just aren't comfortable to me) but want to kind of debut my hair and see the faces of people who haven't seen me in a while ;)

Lemme know what you guys think!

p.s. i forgot to mention, my hair was just below my jaw this time last year (got a bob cut) so idk exactly what the growth rate is other than.. fast? lol

Pics as promised:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/Tricia_Ann/183749_1676400702671_1017067745_31430280_4992669_n .jpg

My face looks a lil weird cuz of my make up in this one:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/Tricia_Ann/Photo87.jpg

vanity_acefake
May 3rd, 2011, 04:32 AM
Holy cow!
That is some serious hair growth.
Absolutely beautiful.

Nae
May 3rd, 2011, 05:34 AM
Well, I guess I had never considered what constituted Pocahontas hair besides it being stereotypically Native American.

I know you say that you are BSL, it is hard to tell exactly where your length is from the front. Average hair growth is six inches a year or about 1/2 and inch a month so 6 months from now you should be appoximately three inches longer than now. Doesn't sound like much huh?

Have heart, you may get a summer growth spurt. You may have naturally fast growing hair. You also may be short. If you are short those three inches will look WAY more impressive than they do on me. Just don't trim!!! Best of luck and welcome to LHC.

nory87
May 3rd, 2011, 06:00 AM
I wish may hair will grow that fast!! lol Good luck!!!!

sweetestpoison
May 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Well, I guess I had never considered what constituted Pocahontas hair besides it being stereotypically Native American.

I know you say that you are BSL, it is hard to tell exactly where your length is from the front. Average hair growth is six inches a year or about 1/2 and inch a month so 6 months from now you should be appoximately three inches longer than now. Doesn't sound like much huh?

Have heart, you may get a summer growth spurt. You may have naturally fast growing hair. You also may be short. If you are short those three inches will look WAY more impressive than they do on me. Just don't trim!!! Best of luck and welcome to LHC.
Sorry i don't have any pictures of my hair from the back! I just joined this forum and don't wear my hear down very often so haven't found the opportunity to. What i meant by pocahontas was her hair in the Disney movie. I plan on replicating her outfit and all and hope to have pocahontas length hair by then XD I still have about 4 inches to go until "Can i call this waist" though. I'm about 5'8' so idk if that is considered tall or short. As for the summer growth spurt, one can only hope! :)

@Nory87, it's all about benign neglect. I was seriously unhappy with my hair length for a while so i got into the habit of wearing it up. Then i decided it would be fun to straighten it since it had been so long and I didn't realize how far my hair had come until i was looking in the mirror. Just take care of your hair very well, but don't focus too much on it. I try not to measure inches, only reference points. I don't know if that helps or not but it allows for me to keep track without obsessing over length too much