PDA

View Full Version : Help with short hair updos?

xcrunr2go
May 2nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
Hello, wondering if anybody has any links or guides on how to clip up short hair? This is what I'm working with:

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/blahhr.jpg/ (http://img843.imageshack.us/i/blahhr.jpg/)

Can I twist the hair into clips while wet or would that be damaging? I have fine yet thick hair & it expands after it's dry. I have barrettes & mini clips. Any suggestions?:confused:

bellawave
May 2nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Side combs and headbands can give it a more "up" look; I did that when I had short layers. I never had luck twisting it because the ends would stick out. Your hair is a different texture than mine though so it might work for you. I think if you're gentle it shouldn't be damaging.

Siiri
May 2nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
I have slightly longer hair than you have, but if you are trying to make an "updo", you can also try first curling your hair and them pinning (or clipping) pieces back. I normally start taking pieces above my ears and pin them back, them lift some pieces from my neck and pin them up, and them pin the crown pieces loosely back so that they cover some of the pins. I get a sort of "messy bun" in the back of my head. I think curling makes it look more like a long hair updo because the end look neater and don't stick out, but it does come out a bit formal. I use bobby pins because they are easier to hide than clips. I have a picture in my album.

vanillabones
May 2nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
I had layers that short not too long ago since I got splits and S&Ded them. I always just clipped it up in mini-clips when wet and clip my bangs back with a barrette that doesn't have the circle on the tip on the top because my hair snags on those kinds. I find it non-damaging on wet hair and I always wear my hair dry this way. I wear my hair down to dry though when nobody is around since I just feel it is safer. I love the thickness of your hair especially your hairline :)

xcrunr2go
May 2nd, 2011, 06:08 PM
I had layers that short not too long ago since I got splits and S&Ded them. I always just clipped it up in mini-clips when wet and clip my bangs back with a barrette that doesn't have the circle on the tip on the top because my hair snags on those kinds. I find it non-damaging on wet hair and I always wear my hair dry this way. I wear my hair down to dry though when nobody is around since I just feel it is safer. I love the thickness of your hair especially your hairline :)

Thanks Vanillabones! I was all worried that my hairline was receding! haha