PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying Conditioner vs. 'Normal' conditioner

Kaya
May 2nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
So this has left me scratching my head in confusion whenever I read about it in various posts.

I know how popular V05 conditioners for CO washing and I'm a huge fan. (I regularly stock pile my favorite scents! :))
Anyways, I'm pretty familiar with the various types and I keep seeing people using the Vanilla Mint and Kiwi Lime conditioners for CO washing. What is puzzling to me is that these, as far as I know, are specifically clarifying formulations. So, I take that clarifying conditioners are much gentler on hair than their shampoo equivalents and are OK to use alone?

Or maybe it just seems odd to me since I CO everyday. I don't know if I could use a clarifying conditioner everyday! :eek:

krissykins
May 2nd, 2011, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't recommend using a clarifying conditioner every day if you don't have oily hair. It's definitely very cleansing.

I don't think they actually clarify hair, though.

Anje
May 2nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Clarifying conditioners are usually the ones with a scent that pairs with a clarifying shampoo. They aren't actually clarifying themselves. However, I think they tend to be particularly light on the conditioning ingredients and rinse cleaner than many conditioners.

racrane
May 2nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
I know I like to use the clarifying conditioners because they don't weigh down my hair. My hair is very fine and doesn't look as greasy when I use them. I use VO5 vanilla mint or something. It works well for me.

Nessarose
May 3rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
I know I like to use the clarifying conditioners because they don't weigh down my hair. My hair is very fine and doesn't look as greasy when I use them. I use VO5 vanilla mint or something. It works well for me.

Same here. I've got the greasies and I love using VO5's kiwi watered down for CO washing!

vanillabones
May 3rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
Huh thank to this thread I think I will actually try CO washing with the 'clarifying' v05 ones. Nice to see fine thinnies with the greasies enjoying it :) and hey even a hair twinnie!!
I love v05 so this should be exciting. I use an SLS free poo but I have to wash almost everyday because my work leaves me so dirty/greasy.