PDA

View Full Version : Loose Bun/Hairstyle?

jesis
May 2nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Okay, so I'm kind of bun illiterate, so forgive me.

I have recently discovered the infinity bun, and I love it. I can only do it when my hair is straight/mostly straight because my curls take so much from my length. Plus, my bangs are only about chin length, and my hair is blended down to make up for damage, so I have to pin my bangs and sides back and it looks horrible when you're trying to do a bun with a hairstick and you have all of these curlies popping out. No, it's not cute. It looks better when it's straight, but my bangs are still in my face. I've about had it with my hair at this stage. I want my bangs to just go back with the rest of my hair, darnit! :justy: I've even been considering chopping them back off to my eyebrows, but I know I'd regret it. They are growing fast, at least. :D

Anyways, I'm trying to find a bun/hairstyle, besides a braid, that is loose and that I can do with a hairstick or the like. I'm starting to get headaches from the regular buns I do. I straighten my hair about once a month when school gets busy and I won't have time to get up every morning to wash it and wait for it to dry, so I don't want anything that will make crimps in my hair, that way I don't have to straighten it again. I usually don't wash it for about a week when I do this and I wear it down for the first couple of days then try different LHC hairstyles that I can do at my length. I tried maiden braids last time I straightened and even though I loved the style, my head hurt soo bad for half of the day and after I took them down I felt like someone had beat me over the head with a metal rod.

I'm about 1.5 inches away from BSL stretched. I have layers that sit around collarbone. I have tried the sock bun, but I couldn't get my hair to do it. Maybe a good tutorial for that one if anyone could suggest it? Anything that I could wear loose around my shoulders would be very welcome, those hairstyles are flattering on me. I know there are people out there who have been where I am, so please share your secrets!

TIA!

Here's a picture of my hair showing my bangs and sides:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/jesisx/Photoon2011-05-02at1019.jpg

xoerincolleen
May 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
If you're looking for a way to keep your bangs out of your face, headbands are great. I have a lot of thin, simple ones that I wear frequently because they're a good way to keep the hair out of the face without having the look of your hair pulled back.

You might also want to do a braid on the side of your head, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apxJqnHF0Lo That's a good way to keep your bangs away and it also is more of a "hairstyle". You could even do it on both sides and pull it together in the back, or do that and pull the rest of your hair into a bun or ponytail.

Also, this video taught me how to do a sock bun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I13J7ArHTkM
Good luck!

jesis
May 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM
My bangs refuse to do headbands at this point. I'm looking for something that I can wear loosely with my bangs out or clipped back with a Bobby pin or the like. I dont want to do any braiding that will crimp my hair. Thanks anyways for your reply!

Anyone else??

holomi
May 2nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I know it might be considered unfashionable, but I love big soft black scrunchies. Twist in a bunch and secure. This is my sleeping style and sometimes I wear it out too. Very comfortable, especially when updos cause headaches like they do to me.

holomi
May 2nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
In a bun, not bunch. Sorry, haha. :-)

Aliped
May 2nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
I like the nautilus bun for being loose but secure and very comfortable.

Malibu Barbie
May 2nd, 2011, 07:36 PM
I used barrettes at this stage, try not to cut if you can. They'll soon grow out and you'll be so happy you didn't cut.

gingylocks
May 2nd, 2011, 07:36 PM
I do a loose french twist headband with my bangs, which are at around eyebrow level, when I want to have my hair out of my face. Then you can just gather the rest into a regular bun at the nape of your neck which usually stays with a stick or 2 or 3 bobby pins. This style stays without pulling too tight so it will probably help you avoid headaches you might get with a tight regular bun. Here's a french twist tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8-1-ggLf8
its similar to a french braid but only 2 strands. I can't keep track of the three used for a braid, so a two strand style worked for me, and its MUCH easier to figure out! I hope I was of some help :)