PDA

View Full Version : When your hair is drying, where is it laying?

shikara
May 1st, 2011, 11:28 PM
When your hair is drying do you let it go wherever it wants to go? Is it down your back? On two sides in the front? Braided? In a bun?

caiti42
May 1st, 2011, 11:36 PM
Mine just hangs down my back. If I try to dry it any other way it looks stupid until I wash it again! Sometimes I'll blowdry it the last 20% if I have to go out too.

dulce
May 2nd, 2011, 12:10 AM
1 just let it hang naturally-

christine1989
May 2nd, 2011, 12:15 AM
I can't stand letting it hang there all wet so I usually wrap it in a towel for a while then damp bun it.

2peasinapod
May 2nd, 2011, 12:16 AM
I leave it hanging down if there's a ceiling fan on, but otherwise I wrap it up in a towel.

ravenreed
May 2nd, 2011, 12:20 AM
I twirl mine into a sausage curl and drape it over my shoulder so that when my hair is dry, I have nice curls at the end.

Finoriel
May 2nd, 2011, 01:31 AM
I towel dry it first and then it's just down my back.
It would take ages to dry in a braid or bun and any styling attempts while it is wet/damp lead to uncomfortable/unbalanced styles hurting my scalp since wet hair is so much heavier. So I try to avoid that. Even though it is tempting to try for some braid or bun waves occasionally. *sigh*

skyblue
May 2nd, 2011, 04:06 AM
mostly I just leave it hang naturally, unless I have to leave the house then I'll bun it

Earth Angel
May 2nd, 2011, 04:19 AM
After patting it with a towel, I just let it hang naturally until it dries

pepperminttea
May 2nd, 2011, 05:50 AM
My routine: Towel turban until damp, detangle with fingers and a wooden comb, apply leave-in, and then let it dry down my back (or damp bun if I have somewhere I need to be). :)

Melanie Marie
May 2nd, 2011, 06:09 AM
For the first ten minutes it 's wrapped very gently in a towel, and the rest of the time it's just hanging down my back.

Madora
May 2nd, 2011, 06:24 AM
Wet hair drying is a crashing bore..I want it dry and up.

What I do is detangle thoroughly, then do my "fanning" technique, which involves taking small sections of hair, holding them up, then releasing them..over and over and over until all the hair is dry.

Detangle every so often, then style.

Takes 20 minutes outside - 45 minutes indoors (standing about 3 feet from a portable heater). Sure beats being anchored to a towel around my head..or down my back!

Sunny_side_up
May 2nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
Usually it's in a claw clip when drying if i'm doing things, otherwise down, feels nice and cooling in summer:)

xcrunr2go
May 2nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
You have beautiful hair Madora!;)

jesis
May 2nd, 2011, 09:15 AM
I let mine sit where it wants, because that's usually how I'll wear it for the rest of the day. I want it to look good ;)

Anje
May 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mine is totally variable, depending largely on when I decide to wash my hair. The most common situation, though, is that I shower shortly before bed. After I take the hair out of its towel (where it goes from dripping to just wet), I tend to detangle it, wrap it around my hand, and cover everything with my satin sleep bonnet. It's mostly dry by morning, and usually has a bit of extra wave.

tinti
May 2nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
I just let it dry naturally and be wherever it wants, allmost :p I have some hair chunks that doesn't want to hang down my back so I have to push them back sometimes.

ETA: I keep it up in a microfiber towel when it's sopping wet. I keep it up there for 10 minutes some days, 1 or more hours other days, just whatever floats my boat that day :p

racrane
May 2nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
My hair is down my back. It just drips onto a towel.

Jean Stuart
May 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
I turban it for a while then let hang for a while.

Stub
May 2nd, 2011, 05:52 PM
It's usually laying on my pillow since I shower at night before bed. It dries very curly because I am a restless sleeper.

HintOfMint
May 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
Over my bed's headboard, and then in a damp bun.

Dizzy_zzz
May 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
HintOfMint, I am in awe. :D

Me, I leave it down, draped over a towel on my back. If I shower in the morning it stays down, but if I shower at night (usually) it goes in a french or dutch braid.

Miss Catrina
May 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
I detangle it and basically just let it hang there, though I do comb my bangs straight down or they'd never style right the next day. Once my hair is dry all the way, I coil it up into a bun and go to bed.

growingpains
May 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM
it goes in a scarf or towel turban when soaking for about 10 minutes, then it just hangs down my back until dry.

Sunsailing
May 2nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
In the shower, I gently dry it with a towel.
Then I put it in a towel turban for a few minutes.
Then I put it in a second towel turban while I shave.

I take it down, detangle, then put it in a third towel turban for about 10 minutes.

Then I let my hair down and air dry from there.
If it's a work day, it gets to air dry from that point for about 30 minutes, then I usually have to finish drying with an infrared blow dryer.

I seldom wash it at night. But when I do, I sometimes will put my hair in a sock bun while its still a just a little damp before I go to bed.

mrs carol
May 2nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
I let my hair hang down my back til it is dry, then comb through it and put it up in a bun.

Fairlight63
May 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM
I put my hair in a turbie towel for 10 min. or so. Then detangle it with a pick - pin up the sides with a plastic hair friendly barrette. The back part I gently twist it & put over my shoulder. When it dries it has a nice curl to it.

DoubleCrowned
May 2nd, 2011, 09:51 PM
First turban to blot up some moisture, then upside down, working the cowlicks with my fingers to get the flat part to join the hunks that stick up (since there is no way the pieces that stick up will stay down...) Then upright and upside-down again, whatever. When the hair is not plastered to my scalp, I make a bun right on top without using pins of any sort, still fingering the cowlicks to tame then. Of course the bun falls out after awhile, but I usually re-check the crown and re-do the bun until it is dry enough to put in a one-pin twist, still without combing or brushing. It will look fine--lots of times better than when I work at it. Odd, isn't it, that this treatment doesn't tangle my hair.

kwaniesiam
May 2nd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Laying? I wish. Right now I just rub it with a towel and it sticks straight up. Then poof, dry :lol:

Othala
May 3rd, 2011, 05:04 AM
My hair is laying over the towel that is covering my shoulders and back like a cape.

Fufu
May 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
I leave it hang naturally :)

vanillabones
May 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
I squeeze the ends gently with a towel for one second, apply leave-in and oil of choice to ends, then let it hang down my back - er, neck :( or use a mini octopus clippie (my favorites) and clip it up if I don't mind the dent. The mullet is not for show if DBF is over...

Sundial
May 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Down my back mostly

elbow chic
May 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Lot of times I wash right before bed, so it spends most of its drying time braided or up. Amazing how long that can take. I washed my hair about twelve hours ago and it STILL isn't completely dry.