PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Faire Hair!

ElusiveMuse
May 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
There was soooo much beautiful hair at the Renaissance Faire today! I had mine braided (pic in my album!) and the woman was incredible. Twisted Sister I think was the name of the group. She did my mid-back length hair up in this style in about 10-15 minutes.

Since it's Ren Faire season, post pics of your hair/costumes! (How do you put pics in your posts?)

breeanna92
May 4th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Don't have any pictures but...I love the renisance fair!

chenille
May 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Pretty!! I love the little mini rope braids.

Wildcat Diva
November 7th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I'll try to recreate this bun tomorrow in the short time I have before heading out to Faire. I'll update with how it goes.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/janineevans/CB3071F3-02C0-4BF6-9064-E2A42D904C83_zpseol7fzpk.jpg

sumidha
November 7th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Oh my goodness Wildcat Diva, that updo with the multiple flexis is amazing! :thud:

Like, I'm having a hard time restraining myself from going to their website and ordering multiples to try and replicate it right now amazing.

Rushli
November 7th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Oh my goodness Wildcat Diva, that updo with the multiple flexis is amazing! :thud:

Like, I'm having a hard time restraining myself from going to their website and ordering multiples to try and replicate it right now amazing.

I'm having the same thought!
WD, you gotta show us how you did that!

Wildcat Diva
November 7th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Nice comments! Thanks guys!

Well you are noticing I found two jeweled Amish pins too right, on the sides? I got those in a swap sale as a freebie, they match really great!

Ok. How I did it... I parted hair on side kinda. Hair is curly now too ...not brushed.
Anyway, two braids on sides of part, brought to back like I'm gonna do a little half up with them. Anyway, I bring them to the back but I ponytail with elastic, everything, kinda low. Loosely braid length, so curly texture still shows a bit.

Flipped the braided pony up and secure about an inch up...with the middle flexi. Then wind braid counter clockwise and secure the top flexi. Wind loosely down counter clockwise to bottom flexi which kinda hides the pony elastic. Wind ends under. Anged Amish pins in so I hope they won't fall out too easy. Fiddling with the flexis to get them straight makes it kinda messy which it a good thing.

Wish me luck. I'll need to do this in about fifteen minutes tomorrow.

Husband likes his braids I did on him.
I just read about how terribly historically inaccurate our costumes are in entirety (braveheart critique article) haha. Oh well.

jarlofthebogfey
November 7th, 2015, 10:08 PM
I just read about how terribly historically inaccurate our costumes are in entirety (braveheart critique article) haha. Oh well.

Bah. Just have fun! You're not reenacting... you're enjoying yourselves. ;)

RavenMane
November 13th, 2015, 02:34 PM
That's really pretty! I think your curly texture makes it look great!

Seeshami
November 15th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Mine gets wrapped up in my horns for faire when I go. When I go to medieval festival it's down because I am dancing