PDA

View Full Version : Using Pantene conditioner with another brand shampoo?

deepsuperficial
May 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone do this?

From what I've seen alot of the concerns about Pantene are from the shampoo? I could be wrong

pinkbunny
May 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM
I mix brands all the time. I also use a generic Pantene-equivalent conditioner. Works for me... ;)

santie
May 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM
I'm currently using a Pantene conditioner with a Herbel Essences shampoo. I think it's perfectly fine to mix brands.

I'm not quite sure what your question is or what you're trying to get at? What are your concerns about Pantene?

pepperminttea
May 1st, 2011, 03:40 PM
I'm not a big fan of Pantene shampoos or conditioners; both too heavy on the 'cone for me. They work great for some people though. :) I nearly always mix brands; since my scalp's okay with sulphates, I don't see any reason to spend a lot on shampoo. :shrug:

Messyhair
May 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM
I use different shampoos, trying to find the ideal for myself, but I regularly use Pantene conditioner. I just change shampoos because I'm trying to get one that doesn't make my hair so oily. So far, that seems to be sulfate-free shampoos.

Juneii
May 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
of course, I know on the bottle they always recommend using the shampoo with the conditioner but really, there is no need to. I use suave shampoo with pantene conditioner.

deepsuperficial
May 1st, 2011, 08:05 PM
wow thanks for all your replies! I am going to try mixing them

Santie - My concerns about Pantene are all the sulfates - my scalp seems to really dislike them! There seems to be a fair amount of hatred towards Pantene (and alot of love too!). I seem to hear or read "I hate Pantene" alot but when I really looked into it the conditioners almost always get good reviews.

Panth
May 2nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
I used to use Pantene all the time and bought different shampoos a lot as it was the conditioner which I liked. Herbal Essences, I remember, mixed with it fine.

The main thing you need to note is that Pantene conditioner is really, really 'cone-filled. Which is fine if you like that ... but means the shampoo you choose to use with it must have enough cleansing power to deal with that or you'll get build-up. So, as I learnt to my cost, Pantene conditioner with Welleda SLS-free shampoo is not a good combination.

McFearless
May 2nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Pantene's Ice Shine conditioner detangles really well for me. I buy lots of different conditioners but I don't own many shampoos. I don't believe you have to use matching S&C's.

lara grace
May 2nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
I do this, I love Pantene conditioners. They make my hair feel unbelievably soft. I use sulphate free shampoos and don't get build up for a long time. I should really clarify more often though, but scared of drying out my hair.. Cone build up isn't nice.