PDA

View Full Version : Nice use of hairsticks

levelek
May 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM
(And a lot of hairspray...) I thought I'd post this video here as inspiration. Anna Netrebko performs with Dmitri Hvorostovsky, and provides a nice view of her hairdo from several angles :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36vm2VoXuXA&feature=related

Viechen
May 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
I looove her hairdo! I do not know what it is called or how to re-create it do you have any pointers? Another thing I wanted to mention is that I love how expressive her face is when she sings :) Thanks for the post!

Carolyn
May 1st, 2011, 02:39 PM
I can't deal with that kind of singing so I only got about 1 1/2 minutes into it. The hair was nice though.

Angela_Rose
May 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
All hair-related awesomeness aside, that is an incredible rendition of that duet. How lovely.

Slinks
May 1st, 2011, 03:57 PM
I can't deal with that kind of singing so I only got about 1 1/2 minutes into it. The hair was nice though.
lol .. I got as far as seeing her 2 hairstix and I didn't even have the sound on ..

Juneii
May 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Are those Mei-fa hairsticks? they look similar to the style...

Carolyn
May 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM
lol .. I got as far as seeing her 2 hairstix and I didn't even have the sound on ..Maybe I should try again without the sound on. Yes I do think they are Mei Fa sticks.

Roseate
May 1st, 2011, 04:45 PM
Pretty! There's definitely a rope braid in there, but on my screen I can't see the details all that well. Almost looks like the sticks are more decorative than load-bearing, but I'm not sure.

long&blonde
May 1st, 2011, 07:21 PM
Pretty! I agree, the hair sticks look decorative here, rather than load bearing.

levelek
May 9th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Sorry, no clue how to recreate the hairdo, but the first person who posts their rendition here gets a :cookie! :)

KarenLynn
July 7th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I'm unearthing this thread to post a link to a different video of the same concert - Quando m'en vo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnWivspwRE&feature=related). I came across the video first, thought "oooh those must be Mei Fa sticks!", searched google to see if anyone else had the same thought... and ended up right back here. :lol:

FrannyG
July 7th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Oh, her hair and the style is beautiful, and yes, they appear to be Mei Fas.