PDA

View Full Version : An accidental, unusual and very amusing hair milestone

Speedbump
May 1st, 2011, 01:30 PM
First, let me set it up: For some time now, I have worn my hair in a single braid. It is long enough that it is best for me to put it over a shoulder when sitting. While driving, I have to have it over my right shoulder because of my seat belt's shoulder strap.

So yesterday, I was driving as usual, with my braid over my right shoulder. I reached down to shift gears, and when my hand came up, my braid tassel got caught between my thumb and index finger. I didn't notice until my hand went back up to the steering wheel... and my entire braid was pulled straight out, like a leash, to the wheel! :rollin::suspect:

And the real kicker is, my very first thought was to be incredibly pleased that my braid was long enough to extend that far without pulling my head forward AT ALL! :bow: :rollin:

While I'm absolutely certain this is one of those "you gotta be there" moments for 99.9% of the rest of humanity, I KNEW all of you longhairs would get the amusement and delight factor of this little odd moment. :eyebrows:

So now, everyone please help me celebrate my new "can reach the steering wheel comfortably" milestone! :cheese::misskim:

Siaraven
May 1st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Haha! Congratulations and happy growth to you :)

gthlvrmx
May 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Congratulations! That must be so amusing and exciting!

xoxophelia
May 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Lol at the leash comment. Made me think if perhaps somebody would have hair long enough to make a real leash.

Whatever you would want to do with that is up to you.. ^_^'

tinti
May 1st, 2011, 02:26 PM
Haha, congrats! And happy growing to you :)

Carolyn
May 1st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Very cool, Speedy! I love the unusual and amusing milestones.

vanity_acefake
May 1st, 2011, 02:35 PM
Congratulations on meeting your new amusing milestone.

|Xei
May 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM
That's really very amusing! Good for you Speedbump :) for reaching another milestone.

Delila
May 1st, 2011, 02:55 PM
How cool! I love those milestones. That moment of Twilight-Zone bafflement is really funny, but usually only in retrospect.

spidermom
May 1st, 2011, 02:58 PM
That's my next goal. haha

Angela_Rose
May 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM
Haha! That's awesome! Now, onto Five-Point Restraint Harness-length!

Slinks
May 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
ha !! that's so cool and very amusing ..

Lee's Girl
May 1st, 2011, 03:14 PM
That's great! Can't wait until mine gets long enough for those type moments (still mid-back right now).

SwordWomanRiona
May 1st, 2011, 03:39 PM
When I find time to finally learn to drive, I'll try this. My hair's long enough :D:D

Speedbump
May 2nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks, guys. ;) I was worried after posting this it was so "had to be there" that it wouldn't amuse anyone else, but I see I was wrong. Glad I posted. And I hadn't thought about going for harness length. :lol:

Theobroma
May 2nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Hee hee! Speedbump, I LIVE for the day when that happens to me! :D

nastasska
May 2nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
That's a brilliant milestone:cheese: It should make the news on Top Gear:eyebrows:

Curlyg27
May 2nd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Haha, bizarre but you came to the right place to tell it! Amusing, thanks :) .

Dragon
May 2nd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Great milestone and very amusing :)