PDA

View Full Version : Happy hair time

Sunny_side_up
May 1st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Who has got a hair style or updo that you have really started doing alot/ recently done and feel has given you a new sense of delight about your hair?!

Simply- two braids on either side of my head worn while i slept, this was done after washing with Jason shampoo, then a small amount of timotei cone conditioner on the ends. Its day three and my volume and wavies are still hanging in there:D Love the feeling of the waves and must admit i wore my hair out yesterday evening (rather than in a claw clip all the time) felt well behaved and bouncy:cheese: Its made me stop thinking about layering my evened up hair. Considering a wash tonight and sponge rollers left in tonight. :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6405&pictureid=101470

vanity_acefake
May 1st, 2011, 05:20 AM
Learning how to do a sock bun. I love how big it is.

Sunny_side_up
May 1st, 2011, 05:27 AM
I have watched some tutorials for those, however yet to try! Going for more length before i do ;) Your hair is beautiful!

caiti42
May 1st, 2011, 05:30 AM
I just spend $10 on a bunch of new clips at the dollar store. I got 5! I'm thoroughly enjoying using them in new fun updos.

It also encourages me to keep my hair up! Plus some are sparkly which always makes me smile :)

Sunny_side_up
May 1st, 2011, 05:37 AM
Good for you caiti42 nice to treat yourself and your hair;) Eye catching bit of sparkle/ colour does draw attention to the hair be it up or down. At work between the ladies no clips/colourful bands, hairstyles, hair changes go un-noticed.

sharicat
May 1st, 2011, 05:59 AM
I got a hair donut and can finally do a pretty sock bun :) It feels so elegant and it makes me look like I have loads of hair!

Aveyronnaise
May 1st, 2011, 07:23 AM
I'm loving when I wash and put my hair in twin french braids to dry. Lots of times I let it in overnight and in the morning I have big hair, big wavy hair , I LOVE it.

spidermom
May 1st, 2011, 08:32 AM
I like my new color, especially how it looks braided.

bunzfan
May 1st, 2011, 09:10 AM
I like that i can easily do a braided bun now:D

jojo
May 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Being able to put my hair in a number 8 bun delighted me no end, alas I got bored with that and now like the Gibraltar bun!

Anje
May 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
I did an SMT Friday night, after not doing anything special to my hair in ages. (And it made clumps on me... I think it's time I cut the aloe out permanently!) Now that I've got all the stupid white lumps out, my hair is acting super non-tangly and feels awesome. My only complaint is that it's so slippery it doesn't want to stay contained.

I really need to keep up on this moisture treatment thing, maybe make it a weekly thing.

Miss Catrina
May 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM
I love that I can finally forego damaging straightening by sleeping in a butterfly-clipped cinnabun.

teela1978
May 1st, 2011, 07:40 PM
I've recently discovered that buns are kinda awesome when they're up on the top of your head, usually mine are down near my nape. I'm enjoying this new discovery.

Mesmerise
May 1st, 2011, 07:51 PM
I finally figured out how to wrap my hair so I can get it reasonably straight without having to use heat! Woohoo!! It's not perfect, and a friend commented that I "still had frizzy bits..." and offered me the use of her straightener :rolleyes: but I was still happy with it!