PDA

View Full Version : Finally reached my goal length except my goal length is no longer long enough...

Top_Cat
May 1st, 2011, 04:34 AM
Is it just me? When I first joined LHC I dreamed of having waist length hair.

Now that I've finally hit my target I feel that it's still too short!

I'm now at a length where my hair constantly catches in my elbows, so I know it must now be waist length, but it's not what I consider long...:confused:

Now I'm having to move the goal posts to TBL.

Hopefully I'll be happy when I get there!

Anyone else felt the same or am I just never gonna be happy?
lol

cobden 28
May 1st, 2011, 04:36 AM
I'm at the same stage. I try to concentrate on keeping my hair in good condition, then growing it just that little bit longer so that I can SIT on it will be easier.

julliams
May 1st, 2011, 04:47 AM
I'm the same. I'm going to hip and then I'm stopping - I swear - lol!

Mesmerise
May 1st, 2011, 05:04 AM
Well I haven't quite hit my first goal of waist yet BUT I know it won't feel long when I get there (cause it's not that far away) and because my hair doesn't feel AT ALL long now!! That's why I ended up moving my goal to hip ;) but who knows how I'll feel when it actually gets there??! I can't quite imagine wanting classic hair, but TBL hair is starting to look better and better, and I'm sure by the time I'm at hip, I'll want to go further!!

fairystar32
May 1st, 2011, 06:31 AM
Mine is at waist too, that was my goal really but now I have hit it, I have moved my goal to hip ;)

schweedie
May 1st, 2011, 06:49 AM
Same here. Waist was always my goal, but I know I'm not too far from it now and it's definitely not going to be long enough for me. Funny what LHC does to us, eh? :p I'll probably stop somewhere between waist and hip. (...Maybe.)

Signe
May 1st, 2011, 07:49 AM
haha i am exactly the same! i found the site cos i wanted to grow back my waist length hair like when i was younger, and before you know it my goal was hip. i honestly don't think i will go any longer than hip, though, because i wear my hair down all the time and want to keep doing it =)

Scarlet_Heart
May 1st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Fairystar, it looks to me like you already are at hip!

I am just about at waist but my goal has been tbl since I decided to grow long again.

Happy growing topcat! It looks great so far; I love your waves :toast:

julliams
May 1st, 2011, 08:01 AM
Do you think maybe it's because when we first envisaged our hair, we thought "waist" but imagined "hip" since many of us wear our pants lower on our hips now? I'm wondering if that's a reason. Or is it a "grass is greener" thing?

jojo
May 1st, 2011, 08:06 AM
when I first joined LHC, I had a goal of waist but then (as you do!) saw such beautiful longer lengths I changed my goal to classic length. I am at waist now and to be honest, I like the length but it doesn't feel long, long.

LHC distortes your opinion of long hair for sure!

EdG
May 1st, 2011, 08:14 AM
This board just does that.

I used to think that I had very long hair. Then, I joined LHC. :thud:

There is some consolation with being at terminal length. That's long enough according to my genetics. :)
Ed

Copasetic
May 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
The same thing happened to me! When I first joined the LHC, I thought waist-length hair was SO long. Then I go to waist, and it still feels short. Now I think I want hip length hair, when it is curly. But we'll see when I get there I guess!

Speckla
May 1st, 2011, 08:27 AM
My goals have changed with my new growth. First Shoulder, then BSL, and I hope waist/hip would be my final goal when stretched. I changed that to waist/hip while curly. Now I just want hiplength braid. :) Oh yeah and a waistlength curly beard. :eyebrows::cheese:

Mírien
May 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
:D LHC truly changes your thoughts on what is long hair. I remember writing a fantasy story a couple of years ago. Describing a female character I wrote something like this: "and she had very long, dark hair down to her waist" :p

And now I just laugh. :rolleyes: My own hair is now at hip (ok, I was only bsl when I wrote the story :p) and it still does not feel "very long".

Well, such is life... ehm... hair. :D

jackiesjottings
May 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Well done, and oh yes! My aim was half way down my back... then waist.. now at classic and going on to knee :)

Eryka
May 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah, when I was a kid I wanted hip length, then butt length, then knee length. Since I've been at knee length for over 3 years I'm letting it go to ankle length and I'm almost there. Once I get to ankle I'm going to go a huge trim (or maybe before) and probably do it all again.

dulce
May 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
yep-original goal was waist now since fairly close to that ,will go for tailbone or hip[if it will grow that long]

Delila
May 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
My original goal was fingertip. I set it there because it seemed improbable, but I wanted it anyway. After a while, I set my goal at ??? because I didn't want to focus on something that seemed so far away.

I think I'm pretty much at fingertip now, but it seems my goals have shifted.

Now, I'm curious to see how long my genetics will let me go, whatever that might be.

Yozhik
May 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
It seems to be a common symptom of LHC. :p

I came here and decided to grow to BSL, then changed by goal to waist once I got there, and now that I'm at waist I'm aiming for hip!

I don't think I'll go any longer though . . . :shrug:

skyblue
May 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
hahaha! I know! I'm at, well almost TB (about an inch to true tb) and I don't think this is long
either! I'm hoping that once I feel my hair on my bum that classic will be! We shall see..... but I have a feeling that it won't be ;) I think maybe feeling my hair on my thighs Will be long enough

MeganE
May 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM
This board just does that.

I used to think that I had very long hair. Then, I joined LHC. :thud:

There is some consolation with being at terminal length. That's long enough according to my genetics. :)
Ed

LOL, I didn't think about that benefit of terminal length. No more wondering if it should be longer. :D That would be nice.

But yeah, I've definitely experienced this. At first I wanted my hair to be about lower back--a few inches above hip--then I thought hip would be great, and now I can't stop musing about classic, knee length, and floor length.

Also, I noticed that when I've had long hair before, I usually fantasized about shoulder and chin length hair cuts and my length often didn't last long because I gave in and chopped it. And now I don't think about shorter lengths anymore at all.

I think it's probably because I wanted to have healthy ends again, and now that I can have healthy ends AND long hair (thank you, LHC) there's no question anymore about having anything less than waist length ever again. It's just... how long do I want to go?

I trimmed back to a couple inches above waist last month to kill some wispy layered ends, but I still have a lot of layers to grow out, so I have a few years before I have to decide if I'm going to keep growing past hip or not. :D

schweedie
May 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Do you think maybe it's because when we first envisaged our hair, we thought "waist" but imagined "hip" since many of us wear our pants lower on our hips now? I'm wondering if that's a reason. Or is it a "grass is greener" thing?
That might be part of it! For me, though, I think it was largely the fact that I didn't realise that waist length on me wasn't going to be as long as waist length on someone who's taller than I am. Since I'm really short as well as rather high waisted, waist length just isn't going to be that long and I can't do the updos I feel like I should be able to. So, longer it shall be!

Gnomentum
May 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM
My goal was waist too. I'm at hip now, it still doesn't feel long enough for me to want to stop and maintain, so I'm aiming for TBL.. I have a suspicion that I'm going to end up wanting classic, though I'm not sure I'd have the dedication to go beyond that.

In my case the waist thing wasn't a misconception, as I've always worn my trousers at true waist given the opportunity.

I have a lot of dye damage at my ends (I'm virgin to a little beyond BSL) and I have layers that are growing out. Ultimately I would like to be virgin to the ends and with a blunter hemline, whatever length I end up at. That hasn't changed - but the point at which I was going to 'stop and maintain' keeps moving!

Freyariane
May 1st, 2011, 02:23 PM
It's the same here ^^ I wanted to go to waist length; the length I had before cutting to Chin! But now, and this is my life story, I want longer hair !! ^^

jeanniet
May 1st, 2011, 02:51 PM
This is me, exactly. My original goal was waist, and now that I'm getting near, it just doesn't seem "long" anymore. So it's my interim goal. Once I reach that, then my next goal will be hip, and then we'll see. Right now I'm thinking that TBL will be "it," but who knows? I can't see going past classic, but you know once I get to TBL I may change my mind! :p

RitaPG
May 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Before LHC I thought I wanted hip length hair. Now I want Classic.
I was also challenged at some point to grow my hair down to my knees, and I said YES! :D
You're definitely not alone in this. Join the team :p

Slinks
May 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
lol, I could've written every one of these post give or take a couple !! I wanted WL but think I will try to go onto hipster, jean, length .. I say try because I think I may be reaching the end of my growth span, terminal ... ??

SwordWomanRiona
May 1st, 2011, 03:50 PM
Same here :) Before LHC, I was content with my tailbone++ hair. After joining the LHC, I set classic as my goal. Now I've reached classic, I'm considering mid-thigh :D

Lee's Girl
May 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
Wow! I feel like you all are reading my mind! I though waist, like I had it as a kid (before it was cut off to mid back, then I just kept going shorter - can we say pixie?). Now it's a couple inches from waist, and I feel like it just isn't long enough. I figure TB or classic, but basically my goal is terminal length now - that way it will HAVE to be long enough!

Mesmerise
May 1st, 2011, 03:59 PM
I think perceptions of long hair really change once you get on LHC. I mean, I never thought that BSL hair was "long" exactly, but I DID consider waist length to be long hair, however since coming here, waist just doesn't seem long to me anymore, and I feel that (for me lol) being a true "long hair" won't kick in until I'm at least hip lol.

I'm also sure that once I get to hip it won't feel long either!

When you have a pixie, shoulder length seems long by comparison... sooo I guess once you get to waist, it no longer feels long and you want to go further. I have no idea whether I'll get to hip and feel as if it's "enough" or not! I never imagined wanting classic length hair or beyond... but I wonder if I'll feel the same way in a couple of years?

Rivanariko
May 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Even though I'm only an inch or so from classic now, I guess my hair just doesn't FEEL long, like I was hoping it would. Maybe I'm still just getting used to it, since it still surprises me when it's down and I feel it brushing against my butt, but overall, I just... was hoping for more? So now I'm hoping for that more at knee-length? :D

racrane
May 1st, 2011, 06:00 PM
I feel the same way. I set mini goals along the way but my final goal is waist. However, I have a feeling I'll eventually grow to hip. But it's perfectly understandable. I remember when my hair was long I never thought of it as "long". It was just my hair. If that makes sense?

long&blonde
May 1st, 2011, 06:51 PM
Same here. My initial goal was waist. When I hit "solid waist", not just the first layer of hair that grew fastest; the fast hairs had moved onto tailbone. So now my goal is "solid tailbone." Wish my camera on my cell worked;but it never has. And my cell is also my only computer;how I am on LHC. That's the reason I have no pictures. In the mirror: my length to me looks much like Fairystar's, and someone just commented they thought she was at hip. I think it's a combination of my not being certain what's what, looking at my hair with 2 mirrors in my apartment bathroom: and the grass being greener.

fairystar32
May 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM
Its been trimmed since my signature... still having breakage issues I am sure my hair still hasnt adjusted or i still havent found the ideal protection for my hair in the humid heat moving from the Uk to Australia.
Its only just touching waist

here is a recent picture :)
a little bit messy from being caught in rain and a little wavy
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/aprilhenna2011outisde2.jpg

I am just about at waist but my goal has been tbl since I decided to grow long again.

SwordWomanRiona
May 2nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
A little off-topic, but fairystar32, your hair looks lovely! And I love that red :)

fairystar32
May 2nd, 2011, 05:54 AM
awwwww thank you xx

A little off-topic, but fairystar32, your hair looks lovely! And I love that red :)