PDA

View Full Version : Castor Oil VS MN for hair growth

Lassie
April 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Hi,

For those that have tried tried either of these...which was the more effective one?

McFearless
April 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I've never heard anyone say MN didn't work but I've read many people say castor oil didn't speed up their growth.

christine1989
April 30th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I've never tried MN but I have used castor oil quite a bit (just did today in fact!) It does little for growth but it really helps with thickening up my hair. If I look back through my album pics I can see how much thinner my hair was before castor oil.

celebriangel
April 30th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I haven't tried them both...but the side-effects of MN scare me, and castor oil, by all accounts, is good for all sorts of skin and hair-related things, with the only real side-effects occurring if you eat it, or maybe some darkening which apparently washes out.

So. Much safer all round, and works like a charm for me :D I also like the thickness and texture it gives me.

Lianna
May 1st, 2011, 04:40 PM
I haven't tried them both...but the side-effects of MN scare me, and castor oil, by all accounts, is good for all sorts of skin and hair-related things, with the only real side-effects occurring if you eat it, or maybe some darkening which apparently washes out.

So. Much safer all round, and works like a charm for me :D I also like the thickness and texture it gives me.

I was fine with MN diluted everyday. I couldn't handle the strong headaches from castor oil diluted in EVOO. I could really notice more growth with MN (right after a week) but didn't with castor oil...then I stopped because of the headaches. So the bolded wasn't true for me.

After I stopped with MN (just didn't bother to buy again) I had minor shedding that was expected. I was just tired of putting it on my head everyday, to be honest (any less wouldn't work but lots of people have sucess 3 times a week).