PDA

View Full Version : Need quick confirmation!

MonaLisa
April 30th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Finally did a tea rinse, just now.
I used natural dried nettle leafs...and I made a full tea cup...
Did shampoo and conditioner wash and after i rinsed conditioner with water and i just rinsed with tea. most of it used on top of head/roots...but of course on length too.
Is it safe on roots? is it supposed to stay there? till next wash? Just like this?
It was pretty green and has some tiny lil crumbs here and there, that are in my hair now.

I need to feel safe, as many things make my hair shed, i have really sensitive roots it seems.
So is it how its done? On roots too and leave for a few days?

smells amazing by the way

hazelnut
April 30th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Hello. I'm no expert on hair care, but I have used tea rinses before (nettle, horsetail, saw palmetto, rosemary, peppermint, and my new favorite black tea) so maybe I could weigh in.

What I usually do is when I wash my hair I shampoo it first and then I do the tea rinse. Let the tea rinse soak in my hair for about 10 or 15 minutes and then I rinse it out and wash with conditioner. The conditioner is a mild cleanser so I don't end up getting all of the tea out, but just enough. Then I just comb my hair out and let it dry. I've been doing this, off and on, for months and haven't had any problems.