PDA

View Full Version : LHC loved hair from the beginning

Amara
April 30th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Hi all!!!! I've missed you all so much... I'm done with my first year of my second master's program and have time to play online once again! Some of you probably know what happened, but here's a quick (well not really) recap!

I joined here a few years back when my hair hit BSL and I realized that was the longest it had really ever been. All that BSL hair had been mistreated - bleached, brushed, blow-dried, curled, dyed, dyed, dyed some more... but it was in ok shape and with some TLC it was soft and nice, so I continued to grow without too much trimming. Last summer I was at tailbone, with all-natural hair down to somewhere between APL and BSL. Over the years I had grown tired of the two-tone look on myself, and also the really noticeable health difference between my natural hair and my ... unnatural hair. So after much contemplation, I decided to chop! I thought about cutting to APL at first, but then I decided I'd like to enjoy short hair once again (hadn't had it since 10 years ago). So I cut to a pixie in order to regrow all natural hair color and healthy hair, and also to attempt to grow out my bangs as part of the rest of the hair growing out as well (I had continually failed at growing out bangs with longer length already in place... HATED it I mean HAAAAAAAATED it.) I cut to a pixie in June 2010 and kept it short for 4 months or so, because I loved it! Then I felt the time was right to join the growing party! Well, so far so good. As planned, I bleached one streak in the front and I dye it red with Manic Panic every month or so. The one bleach job on virgin hair didn't seem to have much effect. on the health, and I don't plan on rebleaching that same hair ever again - when the streak has grown out long enough I'll bleach the new growth only. My bangs have remained untrimmed, although it's been tough hanging in there when I'm so used to bangs, but I reeeeeally want to go for all one length hair at a long length. We'll see! Currently all my hair is to about the bottom of my ear except the very front bits. It looks like the shortest short bob, but I haven't cut all the layers out because I like them at the moment, so it's pretty whispy.

You can see the pixie and my now-current short bob in my album "all natural regrowth" (feel free to friend me if you can't see it!) if you are interested! I'm soooo looking forward to enjoying all the hair growing journey as I did the first time. And more so, I think, as that time I was just impatient to get longer hair and obsessed with inches... blah blah! This time I'm not worried about it, I realized once I got long the first time that the journey is the fun thing for me!

My goal is ???? but probably waist length with no bangs is my first most realistic goal. I really did like my bangs, so I imagine they won't stay away forever. I'm also not sure if I'll grow past waist again... looking back through my first journey I think waist was my favorite.

So, that's my current story! Thanks for listening! <3 You can see my longest long hair in my siggy pic still - haven't changed it :D)

Avital88
April 30th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Its cool that you really can enjoy growing out your hair! I'm still in that phase of more inches i get the more i want.
Happy growing out your virgin hair!

spidermom
April 30th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Good to see you!

Siaraven
April 30th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Your so brave, i would love to do that but im such a wuss when it comes to my hair. Looking forward to hearing about your progress! Happy growing :)

Loreley
April 30th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Welcome back and happy growing! :)

vanity_acefake
April 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I love your hair long and short.
I adore the pictures of you belly dancing.
:)

oktobergoud
April 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Wow, that's a very brave decision! :) Also, I looove your pixie, looks awesome on you!
You should join 'us' at the super-shorties topic :)

Quahatundightu
April 30th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Welcome back!! :)

Gabriel
April 30th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hi! It's great to see you around again! :)

jojo
April 30th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Welcome back you are one of the lucky ones who suits long or short hair!

Slinks
April 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM
welcome back and happy growing :-)

Dragon
April 30th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Welcome back. Both the short hair and the long hair suits you. Happy growing :)

Amara
April 30th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Thank you all! <3 I do like my hair short and long both, and it was great to have it very short again, it's fun at this ear-length, too... I look forward to having an all one length bob, should be there late summer/fall whenever I decide to trim the layers away...

I will join the super-shorties thread!