PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder length pity party

Mrs. D
April 29th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I was believing my wet hair delusion that I was almost APL, but this morning I was doing some maiden braids, reality struck hard.
Yes, my braids are the size of asparagus and my hair is just a few inches past my shoulders. No matter how many cute hairstyles I try and do each week, the reality is that I still have short hair.
Just call me a wanna-be,
Shannon :brickwall

pepperminttea
April 29th, 2011, 12:17 PM
You'll get there eventually. :) I'm brushing hip when my hair's wet, but still two inches above it when dry (and that's before the braidwaves). In the mean time, there's always this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=39471). :D

spidermom
April 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM
You have so many possible lengths yet to enjoy. Savor every single one.

CurlyZ
April 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Don't be sad! :grouphug:
They'll grow! I was very sad today too cause I can't do anything with my hair since I chopped it. But then I came here and got some great ideas for hairstyles!
Maybe you can try some of them?

jojo
April 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM
You will get there, it just takes time and patience.

delsh
April 29th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Oh I know just what you mean - I have a short neck, so my hair reaches shoulder length so fast! Unfortunately, that means it's taking me forever to reach APL :laugh: Don't worry, your hair is definitely growing. In the meantime, maybe wear it down and enjoy it tickling your upper back? That always makes me feel like my hair is getting long :)

Smile4Kiki
April 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I'm on the same boat! I'm lost between the land where its getting long (for me) but its not long enough.. at all. So i went got some fresh layers cut in, have been styling with my caruso rollers, and wearing it down more often.I know most LHCers wouldn't say that but I figured this is the length to be able to do that without risking too much damage and I can worry about protective do's and buns later when it's longer (and they become easier to do). This is the only way i've been able to prevent myself from chopping it off lately.

|Xei
April 29th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Try ignoring the length of your hair for a month or two. I always end up doing that due to university studies, and as a result, I would randomly get surprised at how much longer my hair has suddenly become. It's a good feeling :D

Mrs. D
April 30th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Feeling better about my hair today. Bought some hairsticks to look forward to using.

lapushka
April 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Don't feel sad. Braids eat up a lot of length anyway.