PDA

View Full Version : Royal Wedding Hairbraiding

BritishBraider
April 29th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I'm a Brit, not particularly royalist, but fairly patriotic.

Here my hair whilst watching the royal wedding with my flat mates.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7717&pictureid=101454

Lovely ceremony, sweet couple, and Will has a bald spot same as his father.

Theobroma
April 29th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I like it! :)

cuddledumplin
April 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM
That's cute. Kate looked beautiful, and they both looked so happy. It was nice.

squintinschool
April 29th, 2011, 07:50 AM
OMG, that is gorgeous! My country is a member of the Commonwealth, but I don't give a flip about the Royal Family.

Madora
April 29th, 2011, 07:56 AM
How lovely, BritishBraider!

Catherine is the epitome of grace and style! Her gown was simplicity itself and she looked so elegant and beautiful. I'm so glad she didn't have a ton of jewelry around her throat. That veil was gorgeous. Truly, a wonderful event..and she had long hair too! What's not to like! I hope they live happily ever after!

MaryLA
April 29th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I admit, I slept through most of the wedding. In the US, the wedding was broadcast at 5AM. I woke up at 6AM and saw them walking out of the church. Kate looked very beautiful, loved her dress and how she wore her hair!

myotislucifugus
April 29th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah, yeah, happy for them, very pretty and all...

HOW DID YOU DO YOUR HAIR?! It is stunningly gorgeous like that, I love it! Did you just french braid it with ribbons and pin it up? I'm usually pretty good dissecting styles, but that takes my breath away...how?

Anathema
April 29th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I admit that I haven't spent even a second of attention to that wedding, but your hairstyle is really pretty, BritishBraider!

SirFS
April 29th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Very nice!

Loreley
April 29th, 2011, 09:26 AM
It's very pretty! :)
I watched the wedding live on CNN, fortunately there is only an hour difference in time. I loved Kate's dress, it was so gorgeous!

xoerincolleen
April 29th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Very pretty!!

I woke up at 5:30 this morning to watch the live stream of the wedding on youtube...Kate looked AMAZING! I can't get over how perfect her dress was.

ericthegreat
April 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM
It looks wonderful BritishBraider. I like how you weaved the ribbons into the braid, very patriotic with the colors indeed.

I wish both Kate and William tons of happiness. The wedding was both very classy yet very modern at the same time. It wasn't too over the top, and I liked how it wasn't stiff and formal feeling, it felt very warm and genuine feeling. Harry looked back at Kate, gave a cute little smirk and turned back to his brother to tell him "Wow, she's hot." :D
And after they were married, they didn't over-do it with the PDA, giving two quick kisses instead of one long kissing session.

Sagi1982
April 30th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Beautiful! I always admire your ribboned braiding styles.

Aaroo
April 30th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Your hairstyle is really beautiful..and also was the bride of yesterday's wedding! Both her hairstyle and dress were fantastic!

Qadupae
April 30th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Man, I love those braids ^_^ If you do have a tutorial of sorts, mind posting it? I'd love to be able to do colors like that for certain events.

darklion
April 30th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Love The Hair!!!

BritishBraider
April 30th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Thank you for all the lovely comments :)

Yeah, yeah, happy for them, very pretty and all...

HOW DID YOU DO YOUR HAIR?! It is stunningly gorgeous like that, I love it! Did you just french braid it with ribbons and pin it up? I'm usually pretty good dissecting styles, but that takes my breath away...how?

It is two dutch braids (three strand) pinned to the back of my head.

Man, I love those braids ^_^ If you do have a tutorial of sorts, mind posting it? I'd love to be able to do colors like that for certain events.

I have a tutorial here:[Linkipoos!] (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=67484) and also a video (that needs redoing) in my signature :)

pepperminttea
April 30th, 2011, 03:05 AM
I watched Dave instead of the Royal Wedding (woo Top Gear!), but your braids look beautiful. :)

IcarusBride
May 1st, 2011, 10:57 AM
Lovely! Americans and French can also use this style to be Patriotic :D

Merlin
May 1st, 2011, 11:12 AM
I think that is awesome!!!!!!

(and I even speak as a lifelong reader of the Guardian)

rosek
May 2nd, 2011, 03:25 AM
I love your hair. Your styles are always so intricate and beautiful :)

skyblue
May 2nd, 2011, 04:11 AM
beautiful!

terpentyna
May 2nd, 2011, 05:03 AM
Crown braid- I get it!