PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner Woes

xoerincolleen
April 28th, 2011, 11:40 AM
So I've been CO washing with Suave Naturals in Coconut for about 3 weeks. The other day I ran out, so I picked up some VO5 conditioner in Strawberries and Cream. It has made my hair feel DISGUSTING. The first day I figured it was because maybe it was too thick- I diluted it with water and after using it last night, my hair is just nasty. It felt fine wet, but since it's been drying (still not fully dry after being down for over 12 hours, which is weird for me), it feels tangly and awful! Is there really that big of a performance difference in these conditioners? They're both cone-free and have similar ingredients! What could I be doing wrong?! :(

Kherome
April 28th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I've never had a good experience with V05 conditioners.

KatiSasha
April 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I've never tried either one of those, so I'm not much help in that department. Do you leave your CO on for a while in the shower to let it work? I leave mine on while I'm doing other things for 5-10 min and then wash out. It seems to leave my hair feeling cleaner that way. I use Garnier Triple Nutrition and love-love-love it (thanks LHC), I even put a tiny bit in before I get out of the shower as a leave in.

bellawave
April 28th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Tangly like dry-feeling tangly? Maybe the conditioner is drying for you. I remember Suave Coconut being too moisturizing for me to CO with.

AspenSong
April 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Personally I use both of these and I have no issues with either. In fact The V05 you listed is one of my faves as far as scent, so I use it a lot and my hair is always fine. =/
Maybe a bad bottle? Maybe it's got just one ingredient that your hair doesn't like. Everyone's hair reacts differently to different things. Like for me personally, the Garnier Triple Nutrition makes my hair feel like wax coated straw and just stiff. But it works fantastic for a lot of others. *shrug*

ravenreed
April 28th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I tried V05 and it didn't work for me. I stick with Suave now.

vanillabones
April 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Personally I use both of these and I have no issues with either. In fact The V05 you listed is one of my faves as far as scent, so I use it a lot and my hair is always fine. =/
Maybe a bad bottle? Maybe it's got just one ingredient that your hair doesn't like. Everyone's hair reacts differently to different things. Like for me personally, the Garnier Triple Nutrition makes my hair feel like wax coated straw and just stiff. But it works fantastic for a lot of others. *shrug*

Same with my hair. I love this conditioner and the smell and my hair feels best drying/when dry with the v05. It does contain protein maybe that is the problem here. My hair also hates Garnier it makes my hair feel really gross. Lots of people here find it a gem though.

Suave is a lot different than v05 so maybe it is just not for you. (OP)

Anje
April 28th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I was going to suggest that there's protein in there from the soy milk, but there's protein in the Tropical Coconut Suave, too. Where there's protein, my hair feels awful, but I suspect yours is different

It seems like most people like Suave OR VO5 conditioners, but not both.

jkrochet
April 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I've been using the VO5 volumizing conditioner and I'm pretty pleased with it. I didn't like the smell at first, put it kinds of grows on you. I also like suave conditioners, but my hair doesn't like any ONE product for too long, so I tend to switch it up a lot :)

Alvrodul
April 28th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I haven't had many bad experiences with conditioner, fortunately. I have learned to avoid proteins, and for me using the new Body Shop conditioners is hopeless (the ones without sulfates, cones and parabens that is) as they leave my hair feeling completely icky.:(

xoerincolleen
April 28th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Thank you all- I was under the impression that they would behave in the same manner, since I've had great success with the Suave conditioner. I guess I'll just have to switch back! :)