PDA

View Full Version : Hairsticks?

lil blondy
April 28th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Ok... Since joining this forum, I've seen a-lot about hair sticks... I actually have no idea what they are and i hadn't heard of them before... Someone fill me in on what they are, etc?

gthlvrmx
April 28th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Hairsticks are exactly what they sound like-sticks made for hair. Specifically to hold up hair in various up-do's and such. :) Like chopsticks in your hair.
There are many different kinds and they are considered very safe and gentle on the hair :) I am sure someone will post a picture, or you can find them on people's albums; most long hairs prefer them :)

Blandine
April 28th, 2011, 12:33 AM
http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y315/Blandine_Forberg/savistab1.jpg

The basic idea is wrapping and/or twisting your hair in a certain way to create an updo or bun, and then poking a stick through it to hold it up.

A single stick can hold all the hair securely without any pins, elastics or whatever. There are several options and varieties how to wrap the hair to create different shapes of buns, these are the names of all those styles that you read here over and over. In the threads about each style you'll find explanations, photos, links to videos that show how to do this. The Lazy Wrap Bun, short LWB, is an easy style to start with, for example. This here is a Hypno Bun.

Give it a try - a pencil or chopstick can serve for the first experiments.