PDA

View Full Version : Product for anyone with MAJOR Damage

MiamiPineapple
April 27th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I know the large majority of people on here have amazing hair but for anyone out there that has some major damage, I have found an amazing product. I fried my long beautiful hair back on December trying to get black dye out. It left me with hair 5 inches shorter and horrible ends. I refuse to cut my hair, I just do small trims myself because I love having the length.

I purchased a product called Emergencee by Nexxus. The product is applied in the shower after you shampoo, for 2 minutes, then washed out. After one use, my hair is airdrying smooth, soft and better than it has look in 4 months. It is a small bottle that costs about $15 but it is well worth every penny.

I know that I have seen some people as desperate as me on here to get some relief from major damage. I would highly recommend this product. Trust me, I have tried pretty much everything else. I wish I had found this sooner!

Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Nexxus-Emergencee-Strengthening-Polymeric-Reconstructor/dp/B000GG1944/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303959448&sr=8-1

I got it at walgreens but you can see that it has alot of great reviews.:cheese:

Syaoransbear
April 27th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I'd love to try this, but I can't find it anywhere locally!

Sanyia
April 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Before LHC, my hairdresser gave me a sample Biosilk Silk Therapy leave in, and I thought I went to heaven, until a few days later when I washed my hair and it turned worse than ever before, and after each wash it got limper, frizzier and dryer. This product is full of cones, like the Biosilk leave in.

Some people have good results with cones and protein, so your mileage may vary. Be careful of clarifying regularly and moisturizing LOTS and you might be ok.

KatiSasha
April 28th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Before LHC, my hairdresser gave me a sample Biosilk Silk Therapy leave in, and I thought I went to heaven, until a few days later when I washed my hair and it turned worse than ever before, and after each wash it got limper, frizzier and dryer. This product is full of cones, like the Biosilk leave in.

Some people have good results with cones and protein, so your mileage may vary. Be careful of clarifying regularly and moisturizing LOTS and you might be ok.

I looked at the ingredients and didn't see any of the usual suspects. Which cones am I missing?

Kherome
April 28th, 2011, 12:07 PM
There are no cones

KatiSasha
April 28th, 2011, 12:21 PM
There are no cones

LOL, it reminded me: "There is no spoon.."

vanillabones
April 28th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I don't like Biosilk and I have never done fantastically with Nexxus but my mother has very thin medium hair and it's all she uses. Thank you for this post I will consider this if I ever run out of the 90419081493831 reconstructers I have at the moment :( it sounds lovely, and people have been liking the 'split end repair' conditioner so it all sounds promising. I'll do anything to hide my damage until I get some length again haha.

Not to hijack but I am using REDKEN all soft heavy cream atm as a conditioner/deep treatment and I swear by it. It's expensive... probably about $20 but also well worth it and my favorite product on my damaged hair right now. There is a review for it on here but being a thin hair myself it wasn't too light for me since I have fine thin hair and I can use it as regular conditioner without it being too heavy or weighing my hair down.

BrightEyes7
April 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I looked at the ingredients and didn't see any of the usual suspects. Which cones am I missing?

Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone - These are cones... no?

Methylparaben - not a cone but it is a paraben (wax)

I'm a cone user so I have no issue trying something coney, but that is more than I'm willing to spend on such a small container. Plus my hair isn't very damaged.

1953Diygal
April 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I've been using Emergencee as a heavy protein treatment for years and years. I've started using the professional version of Emergencee which is called Aloxxi Polymedic (http://www.amazon.com/Nexxus-Aloxxi-Polymedic-Emergency-Reconstructor/dp/B000THCTOO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304016606&sr=8-2). My hair loves it!

littlenvy
April 28th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone - These are cones... no?

Methylparaben - not a cone but it is a paraben (wax)

I'm a cone user so I have no issue trying something coney, but that is more than I'm willing to spend on such a small container. Plus my hair isn't very damaged.
No those are not cones they are preservative which along with paraben give me an allergic reaction. :(

ETA:

Just wanted to add that most conditioners have the above in them.

bellawave
April 28th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Oh gosh, my mom used to use that stuff back in the '70s when she permed and dyed her hair all the time! It must have worked because her hair looked great!

Deelight
April 28th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Yes - just want to confirm that methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone are preservatives. They are also known carcinogens and are not approved by the FDA for any leave-on products, but are allowed for rinse-off formulations and are thus found in a lot of things like shampoos and conditioners. That doesn't stop people from occasionally putting them in leave-on products, so I am always careful to read the ingredient list.

1953Diygal
April 29th, 2011, 02:26 PM
In honor of this thread, I did an Emergencee treatment on my hair last night and this morning, it feels all strong and curly!!!

(Oh, and happy 2,000 posts to me!!! :cheese: )

Sereia
May 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
I don't think they sell that product where I live :(

Sanyia
May 7th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Yes - just want to confirm that methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone are preservatives. They are also known carcinogens and are not approved by the FDA for any leave-on products, but are allowed for rinse-off formulations and are thus found in a lot of things like shampoos and conditioners. That doesn't stop people from occasionally putting them in leave-on products, so I am always careful to read the ingredient list.

Ouch! I had no idea, thanks for the clarification :)

owlathena
May 7th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I thought everything ending in 'one was a cone! I have a conditioner with those in it that I haven't been using lately but used today because I'm trying to use up what I have around before buying new products. So...not cones?

Toadstool
May 7th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I was very happy to read this company does not test on animals. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Toadstool
May 7th, 2011, 02:59 AM
I'd love to try this, but I can't find it anywhere locally!

I found it on Amazon. Can't afford it at the moment but have bookmarked it.