PDA

View Full Version : Buildup

MindBeforeMouth
April 27th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I was brushing my hair today and I noticed that my scalp looked like I had dandruff. But, It doesn't look like skin. It's just white clumps??? I think I have product buildup. If anyone has any good ideas like if I should try using a special shampoo or just massage it in? Anyways, Advice needed! Thanks, for taking the time to read! :)

MindBeforeMouth
April 27th, 2011, 08:10 PM
*massage it in really good is what i meant

MissEarlGrey
April 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM
A good clarifying shampoo should do you just fine, and a rinse with AVC. That's what I do when I have build up.

Remyy
April 27th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I've heard that by mixing a bit of brown sugar, honey and olive oil and scrubbing your scalp with it in the shower helps to exfoliate and gets rid of build up.

meowmeow
April 27th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I would just do a good shampoo with whatever shampoo you have and then go from there. Maybe scritch first then shampoo, that might be better. :)

Jessikinz
April 28th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Maybe you're not rinsing the shampoo out very well when you're washing your hair? Sometimes I don't do a very thorough wash and I get little white flakes because the shampoo has dried on my scalp. If you're still getting the flakes then you should try an ACV rinse. I've heard this works really well.

alwayssmiling
April 28th, 2011, 02:32 AM
My daughter gets dry skin on her scalp and I find massaging olive oil, leaving it for an hour then shampooing out with a sulphate shampoo does the job.

MindBeforeMouth
April 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I'm going to try it and see if it works out for me :)

Sereia
May 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
scrubbing with honey, sugar and olive oil really works for me, but you shoudn't over do it, it's phisical harm to hair anyways :)

spidermom
May 2nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
You could comb/brush your hair very thoroughly before you wash, wet hair, apply shampoo (I like shaking some up in warm water in a squirt bottle so I get easy full-scalp coverage), then use your shower comb to comb your scalp (not your length) in the same direction as the hair.
This has really helped me when I have scalp issues. Then rinse-rinse-rinse (of course).

vanillabones
May 2nd, 2011, 11:11 AM
I get little tiny white clumps or pearls very scarcely whenever my hair is super oily. Have you been stretching washes? Because that could be why, if you hair is getting really oily. Your page says you wash every other day though (I do the same) so maybe it is not this, unless you oil your hair while you sleep.

MindBeforeMouth
May 16th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I think it was because I was washing once every 3 days. Yes, it sounds gross but my hair looked fine and not oily. I geuss it just caused buildup. My hair is back to normal now that I have been washing every other day. :)