PDA

View Full Version : How many times a day do you brush or comb your hair?

shikara
April 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
For me, it's once in the morning and once in the evening. For some reason though, I run more passes through my hair than necessary. My new mini-goal is to stop this !!

xoxophelia
April 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Depends on how I am wearing my hair. If I am letting the wave out I my brush the very tippy ends but more or less not at all. Max for me would be once a day.

jojo
April 27th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I comb first thing in the morning to detangle and then use a BBB and again in the evening.

Hotrox
April 27th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Oh, this is easy for me

NEVER :p

I run my fingers through it whilst damp to separate, create a parting and make it look a little presentable and then don't touch it again until the next wash

Mesmerise
April 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Depends how I'm wearing my hair! Usually I'll brush before washing, and after washing I'll comb it to get tangles out.

If I'm wearing my hair up, then I won't brush it for the rest of the day until I take it down, and I'll brush it before bed (and plait it or something).

If I'm wearing my hair loose though, I'll brush it heaps lol. Just to keep it looking nice and neat ;) Oh... and that depends on whether it's straightened or not... I'll only brush if I've straightened it, if it's natural and therefore wavy I won't brush it cause it'll go frizzy and awful.

caiti42
April 27th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I'm a morning and night girl too. I also comb it with a wide tooth comb while it is airdrying or its impossible to manage.

Loreley
April 27th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Twice or three times a day, sometimes more often.

Jomo
April 27th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I try to brush as little as possible to prevent abrasion to the cuticle :) usually it's about once every couple of days.

KittyLost
April 28th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Ermmm maybe once if I brush at all. Usually just use fingers whilst dry or wide tooth comb when wet.

Jessikinz
April 28th, 2011, 12:04 AM
I comb once a day in the morning. Some days I don't even comb at all I just simply run my fingers very gently through it and done! I can be real lazy and get away with this for a couple days and then I must comb it. On wash days I will comb twice to make sure all shed hair is gone.

lil blondy
April 28th, 2011, 12:08 AM
So many times i cant count how many. :/

Dragon
April 28th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Twice a day unless it is losse, if it's loose, 4 to 6 times a day.

Loepsie
April 28th, 2011, 02:17 AM
If I'm braiding or wearing it up I brush morning & night, if I wear it down I only brush at night or not at all.

mimimo
April 28th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I only comb before I wash my hair (and during to distribute conditioner) so that's every four days or so. However, if it's out, I pass my fingers through it a lot which I need to stop doing!

Sundial
April 28th, 2011, 03:10 AM
At least twice a day - morning and night.

I comb more often to detangle if I am wearing it down, and I also comb whenever I put my hair up (this may happen a few times a day if my updo wasn't stable the first time round)

Pierre
April 28th, 2011, 06:09 AM
About once a week. The rest of the time it's braided and up.

весна
April 28th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Once or twice a day, I think. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel I'm losing a lot of hair when I brush more often.

Madora
April 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Brushing: Right after I get up in the morning. 100 strokes
(I always detangle with a wide tooth comb FIRST)

Combing: Apart from detangling before brushing, I comb out my hair at night, then braid my hair for sleep.

Brushing has wonderful benefits, provided you use a pure bbb and do it slowly and gently! It does not harm the cuticle (provided you're not backcombing, which DOES harm the cuticle).

Chetanlaiho
April 28th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Everytime I take it down (to put it back up again or to braid for the night) so that's about, three to four times a day? If I'm wearing it down I'll do it more often but I try to stick to finger combing xD (otherwise wide toothed wooden comb only)

Lildove
April 28th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I comb two times a day. One in the morning and once before bed. Sometimes I switch combing in the evening to brushing instead but I try to stay away from it. I avoid it because I seem to have waves in my hair that will get frizzy and poofy if I brush them.

Copasetic
April 28th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I have curly hair, so I only brush when I condition my hair. Works out to a few times a week.

adiapalic
April 28th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Once, maybe twice. Combing preferably, but sometimes I use the BBB to smooth out oils.

beatriz
April 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM
For me, it's once in the morning and once in the evening.

Me too, 2 times per day :eek: morning and evening.

In2wishin
April 28th, 2011, 09:31 AM
After washing I will detangle with my TT, then comb when the hair is completely dry. Other than that, I will comb or brush only when I need to groom my hair either to go out of the house or when I braid to go to sleep. Some days, none. Other days may be up to three times.

gogirlanime
April 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Once, in the morning shower I run my fingers through it to de-tangle it. Then in the evening I carefully comb it once before I put my over-night oil treatment in.

spidermom
April 28th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Once or twice.
Sometimes not at all.
Sometimes more.

The only consistent thing about my routine is my inconsistency.