PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a brush that's not BBB - what kind is it?

shikara
April 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Not sure if there will be many who answer this but I'm curious. If it works for your hair I'd like to know more about how, why.........

braidedbeauty
April 26th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I have a plastic wide tooth comb for major tangles and a plastic tooth conair brush. I usually use the conair brush in the shower to help unknot my hair with conditioner in it...

DreamDance
April 26th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I have a bass wood brush with no cushion.. I looked for a link but all I could find was one with a cushion. I like it because it doesn't make my waves fuze and tangle like a bbb.

Aleria
April 26th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I have a normal plastic bristle brush, but it has no cushion and it's very old so all the balls have fallen off. I only use it to brush my hair back into a ponytail as I can't get it smooth without using it. For detangling I use a wide-toothed plastic comb in the shower when my hair is coated with conditioner, and only then.

Sundial
April 26th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I have a wooden brush with cushion from The Body Shop

racrane
April 26th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I just use a wide-tooth comb. It works fine and it does everything I need it to. I don't rip my hair out like a brush - always a good thing.

ElvenArchess
April 26th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Recently I've cut my brushing methods to only finger-combing after a shower. If need be in the morning I'll brush through it with a wide-toothed plastic comb I bought for cheap at Walmart simply because it's readily available and I'm too lazy to order a brush or comb made of natural materials.

picklepie
April 26th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I love my Denman brush, which I use for detangling in the shower with conditioner on my hair, for separating and forming curls on wet hair, and for smoothing dry hair when I'm putting it up.http://www.denmanbrush.com/acatalog/Denman-D4-Large-9-row-styling-brush.html I love it because it's much more efficient and more gentle than a wide-tooth comb, but goes through my hair easily, the way a brush with more delicate bristles definitely does NOT (I'm talking to you, bbb).

owlathena
April 26th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I also have a denman! Its tied for favorite with my tangle teaser. I usually TT out the tangles and then use the denman to smooth my hair down.

Kelli Kat
April 26th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I use a wood brush and a wood comb from The Body Shop.

Whimsical wind
April 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I have a wooden paddle brush with plastic bristles from the body shop, I used to have one that had wooden bristles, which I loved, but my puppy chewed it. I also have a wide toothed plastic comb, it has two sets of prongs. I had a lovely sandalwood comb but my puppy chewed it. :( He liked to chew things.

JadeTigress
April 27th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I have a tangle teezer, and it's excellent for my hair. My brushing goes way quicker and it does a good job of smoothing my hair. My BBB makes my hair look nice, but it doesn't go all the way through my hair like a normal brush or comb, so if I'm going to use it I have to brush my hair with something else first and then go over it again with the BBB.

growingpains
April 27th, 2011, 12:48 AM
I use a w.t. comb, a bbb and a regular ceramic brush. I use the ceramic brush in all honesty cause I am lazy and I like to have brushes in more than one location of my house (i.e. if my bf gets ready in the bathroom I need a second brush in the bedroom).

Also, since I sometimes blowfry my hair, I prefer the bbb for this. I also prefer it as it gives a different look than the bbb, which gives a more "pouf" look.

|Xei
April 27th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I use this kind: http://www.oupps.com/images/gallery/featured/F18-COSMETICS-Wooden-items-CC4-WOODEN-BRUSH.jpg

I haven't tried very many types of brushes (only a BBB, and various ball-tipped brushes), but this type of wooden brush has worked so well for me that I feel like I don't have to look for anything extra. It detangles extremely well, feels very smooth, doesn't give my hair static, and feels wonderful on the scalp. My hair has been in better shape as well, since the wood does not have any seams in it.

musicallberrii
April 27th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I use a wide tooth comb to detangle.. and I own a Goody Ouchless brush as well, that I use occasionally. It has never broken my hair or ripped any out.. its a great brush. BBBs make my hair frizz like crazy, and other brushes pull and break.